Popular Tags: tanga [+] [View All]
Michael Leuchtenburg
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, Tanga. Tanga is fine. I like puzzles, and I don't mind that the puzzles were a promotion for a commercial site. I may even buy something, some day, though I usually purchase all of my games from local stores, except for in special cases like the recent Roads and Boats and Die Macher editions.

Ads on BGG for Tanga, also fine. Perfectly reasonable.

But ads for the item which was sold *yesterday* on Tanga? Really bloody annoying. An ad for what's currently for sale would be fine, but saying "we sold this yesterday, and you missed it!" is just going to annoy me, not get me to click and visit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fxer
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd rather a "Look what you missed, look what we have today" ad (not just a link) or something...that is if they need to instill that OMGWTFBBQ I HAVE TO VISIT EVERY DAY sense of emergency they are apparently going for.

On the other hand, maybe it is just hard to advertise something that sells out in >2hrs, as the ad will only be effective in that time window

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dyfrgi wrote:
Okay, Tanga. Tanga is fine. I like puzzles, and I don't mind that the puzzles were a promotion for a commercial site. I may even buy something, some day, though I usually purchase all of my games from local stores, except for in special cases like the recent Roads and Boats and Die Macher editions.

Ads on BGG for Tanga, also fine. Perfectly reasonable.

But ads for the item which was sold *yesterday* on Tanga? Really bloody annoying. An ad for what's currently for sale would be fine, but saying "we sold this yesterday, and you missed it!" is just going to annoy me, not get me to click and visit.

Amen! Intentions do not guarantee the exact results desired, and that ad is somewhat misguided since the transaction system appears to have been fairly glitch-addled. What's more, some Macintosh users like myself were unable to sign up to participate in the puzzles because of some system incompatibility which rendered the fill-in slots of the registration form as unlabeled so one didn't know what info belonged in which slot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:
some Macintosh users like myself were unable to sign up to participate in the puzzles because of some system incompatibility which rendered the fill-in slots of the registration form as unlabeled so one didn't know what info belonged in which slot.

I am reasonably certain it is an incompatibility with your AOL browser rather than anything to do with Mac.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BoB 3K
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. I have add-blocking on so didn't see those adds. I don't really go for being pressured/teased/cajoled into doing things. If I saw an add like that, I probably wouldn't go to the site being advertised on principle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.