Subject: Inactive Dice Clarifications rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Keith
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
"Watch, but do not govern; stop war, but do not wage it; protect, but do not control; and first, survive!" - Cordwainer Smith
badge
"Aint that just the way"
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a little confused as to what exactly I'm allowed to do with Inactive dice. I know the rules say that they can be affected by the re-roll or adjust face symbol (which then makes them active), but I have two questions outside of that scenario.

1. Do inactive dice get re-rolled with the rest of the active dice after a player executes all their dice actions?

Say I have four dice; two whites, and orange, and a red. I roll them all at the beginning of my turn, the two whites come up with the swap symbol, orange is a 6, red is a 3. I use the swap ability of one of the whites to trade it in for another red, and after taking that one action decide to continue my turn by re-rolling what I have. Since the new red is inactive, what happens to it? Does it continue to sit off to the side for the rest of my turn?

2. Can I place an inactive die into my bowl as one of my (required) set-asides? I'm guessing the answer is probably "no," contingent on the answer to the above question.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
touchstonethefool wrote:
Can I place an inactive die into my bowl as one of my (required) set-asides?

No. As stated on page 3 of the rules, only *active* dice can be set aside.

Quote:
Do inactive dice get re-rolled with the rest of the active dice after a player executes all their dice actions?

Yes.

From page 3: "If you still have dice that are not in your dice tray [...], re-roll your remaining dice." This includes all inactive dice. These dice will then become active.

From page 2, Swap, [an inactive die] "will become active as soon as you re-roll it or use the 'adjust face' to adjust it." The first case includes either re-rolling it via a 're-roll face' or re-rolling it after swapping or setting aside at least one active die.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Keith
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
"Watch, but do not govern; stop war, but do not wage it; protect, but do not control; and first, survive!" - Cordwainer Smith
badge
"Aint that just the way"
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome, thanks so much, Tom!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.