Subject: Will be looking for Gaming Group in Northern DE rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Watkins
United States
Middletown
Delaware
flag msg tools
We're building a house down near Middletown, DE and expect to be in around spring '07. I'm already begining to have withdrawal and I haven't even left my current group up here in NH.

I now it's a bit early but are there any gaming group within about say 30-40 mintues of Middletown that might be looking for new players. Right now our group plays predominately Euro gamers like of PR, Caylus, El Grande, RA, and the occasional FFG 3-hour marathon games but I'm pretty much open to any gaming as I have also done the CCG and Minis thing.

Man I feel like a crack addict who knows he's going into rehab in 5 months!!

Cheers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Lewis
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually just moved out of Newark, DE so I'm sad to say I can't join you, but there is a group that's very welcome to new members that meets regularly at Days of Knights in Newark. I only left about two months ago, so I assume it's still active. Give the store a call: (302) 366-0963 and ask for Joe if you want to check, he was the chief organizer. If you want to take a look at the store/find directions their website is:

www.daysofknights.com

Hope that helps, if you wind up going I'll probably see you sometime when I find my way back Delaware ways.

-Phil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Spade
United States
Elizabethtown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You might be in range of a GCOM event:

http://www.gamesclubofmd.org/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Watkins
United States
Middletown
Delaware
flag msg tools
Thanks guys. I will definitely be looking into both groups. I'm heading down this weekend for some stuff and hope to stop in Days of Knights to see it.

Regards,

Miike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Beane
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bump...I'm also in Northern Delaware, and I haven't been to a DoK Board game night....has anyone reading this attended one/some? What sort of games get a lot of play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Shipley
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
the liberal unsavory type
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's some games played at the GCOM (or GCOD) site that meets at Days of Knights:

Isfahan
Around the World in 80 Days
18VA
San Juan
Caylus
On the Underground
Attika
Elfenland

You can get to the location's page directly at: http://www.gamesclubofmd.org/Locations.asp?location=13&type=...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Desmond
United States
Newark
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Salutations !

Might I suggest you outcheck thread/118629, a list of gaming groups and stores in and around Philadelphia (including northern Delaware), that I put together awhile back. Needs some updating, for which I will find the time Real Soon Now, but hopefully still some useful stuf therein.

Hope you like it here!

Yours, John Desmond

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michael humphreys
United States
Bridgeton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played with the DoK group in Newark. It has been several months since (I live in South Jersey), but they would have a game night every Wed as well as on the second Sat of the month. Wednesdays would meet in the vacinity of 6:30 and Sat would be all day from around 11am.
A great group there and welcoming to newbies.

It was the first place I played
- Princes of Florence
- Cleopatra and the Society of Architects
- Scepter of Zavandor

They consistantly play popular new releases (Euros) and continue with older favs.

If you are an Eurogamer and open to what may be available there at the time (of course you can also bring your own and attempt to cajole others to join you), it's a good place.

(I hope to get back again myself soon)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Fellow
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
I live in wilmington and go to Newark every Wednesday. We start at 7:00 and usually there are a couple that go until late. Please feel free to come on by, and let me know if you have any questions. There are from 3-9 people who show up each week. It's a great group with lots of new games being played. Hope to see you there.

Ben

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.