Subject: Hate hate! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
scott rogers
Japan
tokyo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
I don't get the example in the rulebook about the Necromancer and the Palladin. Hate inspires one extra share. Why do the rules state that two extra shares should be given due to hate? Perhaps am dense... sorry! But this game looks great and can't wait to try!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
The example is strange/wrong in that the Paladin hates the Gypsy and the Enchantress, but does not hate the Witch (top example). The Witch appears to hate no one. In addition, the Witch is from the Forest, not the Temple, so when you get down below, Chris's team has only one temple member, the Paladin.

The basic idea is that if Chris had had the Witch Hunter and the Paladin (both of the Temple), he would have to pay two shares over his bid.

The point of the example is that it is +1 per Temple member, not +1 whether there is one Temple Member or three Temple Members.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Christenson
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmb
Yes, there is a mistake there. We meant to use the Gypsy as Chris' only Hunter. The reason the Witch is used is because the Paladin used to hate the Witch, but we changed it after this example was made due to play testing.

So, you should look at it like this.

Chris' Party:

Necromancer: Hero
Gypsy: Hired Hunter

Paladin: Up for Hire

So, the Necromancer would have to add a share for his Hate of the Paladin(Temple Member Hate) and another share for the Paladin's Hate of the Gypsy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
scott rogers
Japan
tokyo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Ok, got it! Makes perfect sense now. Am about to brave a two player game. Wish we had 3, but just can't wait!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Christenson
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmb
Hey, I think I actually enjoy 2 more than 3

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seaborn wrote:
Hey, I think I actually enjoy 2 more than 3

There seems to be a lot of broken things you can do in 2 player.

For example: Youve both spend your money buying tiems, its time to get people: Your opponent recruits. You overbid them and go hunting and probably get the guy killed. Repeat like 5 times. Eventually you kill something and get money. You also get info.
They are just wasting their turns. This doesnt work in 3er, with two opponents hiring.

Also the prophecy cards works a lot better in 3er, imo.

I normally prefer 2 player games to games with more, in most cases. I still think its good with 2, but 3 is better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Christenson
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmb
Nothing broken in 2 player. My brother and I play at least 3 games when we get together...and we get together often.

See there is this trophy...and the winner gets to take it home. I'll see if I can find a picture.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.