Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Timo Kellomäki
Finland
Tampere
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm about to start a solitaire campaign. I was thinking of trying out the east first strategy for the first time, but without history as a guide I'm confused about the baseline of how such a campaign is going to work. Here are some random thoughts from the German point of view. Can anyone with some experience on this say if my expectations are somehow off?

-The very best case of USSR collapse before Jul-40 (and scenario end in 1944) is hardly possible, so Germany waits for summer 1940 before triggering east invaded, doing things in other Eastern Europe instead
-There are three summers (1940, 41, 42) for Germany to collapse first USSR and then France
-My guesses: if both objectives are done by summer 41, Germany should win by dominating Russia/Mediterranean/UK in summer 42; if by 42, the rest plays roughly as in history; if not, Germany will be in trouble with the early two-front war.
-An alternative might be to collapse USSR and then only defend against France while taking Middle east/Africa. How viable is this?
-What is the role of Italy/Mediterranean? A too early Med Crisis sounds really bad, so maybe Germany only activates Italy when USSR collapses?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvatore Vasta
United States
Woodstock
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Those expectations seems reasonable to me. It will be good to get feedback on how East First now plays out with the revised USSR collapse rules.

As for how to handle France in an East First, I feel it is important to conquer it. Otherwise, as the war progresses, you are freeing up the UKand US to open up a strong front elsewhere.

Sal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Kellomäki
Finland
Tampere
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I'll be sure to report my progress at some point. Don't hold your breath, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.