Subject: If "DtS" rings any bells, this will make your day... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Grant
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just thought I'd check up on that Mad Massachussetsian, to see how his OVERWHELMING game is coming along...
Contact the NY TIMES! They've got a Press Kit!!

http://emediawire.com/releases/2006/9/emw444472.htm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Davis
United States
New Concord
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeesh.

*shudder*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Synge
United Kingdom
NEWTON ABBOT
Devon
flag msg tools
badge
Go get 'em, Floyd.
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a link to the Tom Vasal review somewhere?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Pavitt
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
" great response from those who enjoy games like Monopoly, Life and Easy Money."

'Nuff said.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris J
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
. . . or just let me nibble your soul . . . .
badge
Electra Bellum. Electra Gloriosum.
mbmbmbmbmb
Dominate the States Website wrote:
2 Nuclear Facilities- own both and strip your opponents wealth down to a smoldering pile of rubble!

1) [sic]
2) Not to mix metaphors. . .

Two bits of criticism which, if our hero or his (*cough*) wife still troll the forums here (and why wouldn't they when they've applied BGG's collective wisdom to improve their diabolical masterpiece), may be erudite enough to be opaque to said "Mad Massachussetsian."

*COUGH*

Though, adding a certain strip element -- along with shots of ol' "turkey-eye" if you know what I mean -- might make the game more impelling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris J
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
. . . or just let me nibble your soul . . . .
badge
Electra Bellum. Electra Gloriosum.
mbmbmbmbmb
Another gem, not so opaque: click "Game and Components" on his website and look at the "Actual Game Board." You'll notice that the southwest is bass-ackwards, showing Arizona and New Mexico east of Texas as well as mirrored.

Nuf!

Oh, and the photo of the designer on the "About Me" section is not only professional and begs your confidence, but also screams "legitimate businessman."

I will give him one thing: he's working on the idea and sticking with it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Mistiaen
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rompcat wrote:
Another gem, not so opaque: click "Game and Components" on his website

Actually, I couldn't find this section. The only one close to it is "Game & Componets".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Johnson
United States
Boonville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My god, I wish I'd looked at this website sooner...would have given me more ammunition to use against the "designer's wife" back when the posting was going on. That has to be the absolute WORST graphic design I've ever seen. If I were a printer, I'd almost be ashamed to print something so amateurish and unfinished. Suitable for a playtest copy? Maybe. A production copy, one that people would have to pay for? No way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Potter
United States
Edwardsville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have obviously missed the entire pre-conversation on this topic. I sense it was not favorable to DTS and it's creators.

I am appalled at the investment model: Send me $10 and if I am successful I will give you an option to give me $30 more. If I fail, I will just keep your $10.

Besides Mom & Dad, what kind of people fall for crap like this? I question if it is even legal. This should be called what it is - a risky pre-order! If the run is not made, the money should be returned.

Oh-well, I probably just re-hashed an old argument.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Neff
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can see it now..... and tonight's Tanga sale..... Dominate the States...... .regular price $39.99.... on sale tonight for $.99 plus shipping....

and they wouldn't sell out any!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Its a monopoly clone. Why the fuss?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.