Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Dungeons & Dragons: Attack Wing» Forums » Rules

Subject: Improved Overrun + Troops rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Price
msg tools
mb
Checking out the upgrade cards that come with the OP blind boosters and was curious about how Improved Overrun and Troops that lose soldiers work. The last line of Improved Overrun's rules text says:

Must have a Primary Weapon Value of 3 or higher to equip.

So if I have this equipped on a full Sun Elf Archer Troop, does the upgrade "fall off" when I lose soldiers and my weapon value drops blow 3? (In this case when I get down to three or fewer soldiers remaining.)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Smith
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
d100 wrote:
Checking out the upgrade cards that come with the OP blind boosters and was curious about how Improved Overrun and Troops that lose soldiers work. The last line of Improved Overrun's rules text says:

Must have a Primary Weapon Value of 3 or higher to equip.

So if I have this equipped on a full Sun Elf Archer Troop, does the upgrade "fall off" when I lose soldiers and my weapon value drops blow 3? (In this case when I get down to three or fewer soldiers remaining.)

My guess would be that if the unit size is built large enough to legally equip the upgrade to the unit prior to the game, then regardless of losses suffered by the unit during the game it'll be able to use the upgrade. To me "equipping" is different than in-game conditions requiring a specific unit size to use an upgrade.

Kevin

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Price
msg tools
mb
underling wrote:
d100 wrote:
Checking out the upgrade cards that come with the OP blind boosters and was curious about how Improved Overrun and Troops that lose soldiers work. The last line of Improved Overrun's rules text says:

Must have a Primary Weapon Value of 3 or higher to equip.

So if I have this equipped on a full Sun Elf Archer Troop, does the upgrade "fall off" when I lose soldiers and my weapon value drops blow 3? (In this case when I get down to three or fewer soldiers remaining.)

My guess would be that if the unit size is built large enough to legally equip the upgrade to the unit prior to the game, then regardless of losses suffered by the unit during the game it'll be able to use the upgrade. To me
"equipping is different than in-game conditions requiring a specific unit size to use an upgrade.

Kevin


Agreed. That was my thinking as well but then I started thinking about Magic where enchantments and equipment fall off of things they are illegally attached to and I probably over thought it
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Smith
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
d100 wrote:
underling wrote:
d100 wrote:
Checking out the upgrade cards that come with the OP blind boosters and was curious about how Improved Overrun and Troops that lose soldiers work. The last line of Improved Overrun's rules text says:

Must have a Primary Weapon Value of 3 or higher to equip.

So if I have this equipped on a full Sun Elf Archer Troop, does the upgrade "fall off" when I lose soldiers and my weapon value drops blow 3? (In this case when I get down to three or fewer soldiers remaining.)

My guess would be that if the unit size is built large enough to legally equip the upgrade to the unit prior to the game, then regardless of losses suffered by the unit during the game it'll be able to use the upgrade. To me
"equipping is different than in-game conditions requiring a specific unit size to use an upgrade.

Kevin


Agreed. That was my thinking as well but then I started thinking about Magic where enchantments and equipment fall off of things they are illegally attached to and I probably over thought it

Now all of this being said, I believe there are a few troop upgrades where, once a unit size has been reduced enough, the upgrade can no longer be used. I don't think that'd be the case with this particular upgrade, though.
But again I'm just guessing.

Kevin
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.