joel siragher
United States
silver spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had 2 thoughts.

1) IA's armor values seem lower compared to d2. D2 allows shared armor feats between some of the classes. I think that happens for the beast master and one of the cleric types. Also, d2 skyrocketing damage early on. Of course this seems dependent on the classes you choose, but for the 4 games, the best the characters did was an improved gun. GREAT STUFF, IA!! Maybe D3 will fix this problem.

2) I had a problem. Well I didnt know it was a problem at the time.
I miss interpreted the phrases "put a mission into play." I thought that meant THIS IS THE NEXT MISSION TO RUN. As a result i ended up running 3 core back to back. Yes, the players got slaughtered.
So, Now I have 3 side missions to catch up on "indebted", another one cant remember, and the third one which hasnt been drawn yet. Whats the best way to fix the problem? restart from after aftermath? Are the side missions any easier? The group completely failed the other core missions. Probably because they were under powered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can do whatever your group decides is fair to do - I would probably suggest, if it didn't take you several weeks to get through all of this, just restarting the campaign. This would also be a good time to re-read the rule books and browse the rules threads on here to make sure you didn't misread anything else...I know it took me several reads and several conversations here to grasp everything I had slightly crooked from Descent.

If you wanted to catch up the side missions, you don't know now what they would be, because after each one they draw back up to two and choose one - you'd only know that one of them has to be Indebted or the one you can't remember, nothing says they have to do both.

Because you can draw them at any time, side missions should be pretty comparable in difficulty - I've seen a few people say they think the hero-specific missions are a bit harder, but I haven't experienced that personally.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kwijiboe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Base. GAME.
mbmbmbmbmb
You should restart the campaign, but perhaps skip Aftermath.

You could flip a coin. Heads, Imperial wins Aftermath. Tails, Rebels win Aftermath. Go from there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Smullens
United States
Santa Barbara
California
flag msg tools
Instead of restarting (or doing a coin flip) I'd say keep the result you had for aftermath and go from there (as aftermath had the correct balance); Give them XP/Credits for their first aftermath playthrough and allow them to go through the rebel upgrade stage from there (so they'd lose any XP/credits they spent from the later missions but still have some to spend from aftermath). The downside is the know what is coming for 2 story missions - but if this gives them a better chance of winning the second story mission and if they do - they'll see something new for the third.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ian short
United Kingdom
Newcastle
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'd replay aftermath, it doesn't take long and there is a chance that the outcome will be different which will mean you play a different story mission. Much more fun that playing the same story again.

Alternatively just play the 3 side missions and carry on, as long as you use the current threat level they should be balanced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.