Popular Tags: online [+] Best-Online-Retailers [+] [View All]
Bren Mayhugh
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all:

I was wondering if anyone has used www.ThoughtHammer.com and what you thought of their customer service, price, speed etc. I'm looking at using them for a purchase, but want to be sure before I send my money their way.

Thanks in advance,
-Bren

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
seth weissman
United States
silver spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
I've placed a good 15-20 orders with them over the past two years, and I've never had a complaint with their prices, shipping, or customer service.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Kelsey
United States
kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent company. I highly recommend them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonardo Teixeira
United States
Stroudsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I too have placed order with them. Over 20 orders in fact. They are very good. Excellent service.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Sauberer
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a $128 order that included preorder items on hold with them for several months. I ended up cancelling it because of their policy of taking full payment for the entire order immediately, but then asking for additional payment if the MSRP of a preordered item went up between the order date and the release date.

Although my preorder items were not specifically affected (AFAIK), I decided that I would rather give my business to a company that did not have that policy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris J
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
. . . or just let me nibble your soul . . . .
badge
Electra Bellum. Electra Gloriosum.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have switched the ThoughtHammer after using CardHaus, Boards & Bits, FunAgain, and Berserk.

In my time with them, they have responded to strange requests, switched out orders, added things to orders, and removed them. Basically I'm a pain-in-the-ass customer, but they don't just accede to my requests, they make me feel welcome to make them and seem genuinely happy to please.

While Paul (above) took issue with them charging him up-front for yet-to-be released games and then asking for additional monies when they discovered they had priced the items incorrectly (very understandable sentiments), I had a great experience where I ordered a mixture of pre-orders and already-available games. I spent $200, I believe, and as soon as the FIRST pre-order was in-stock, they shipped everything available at that time . . . and then shipped me, for free, everything else as it became available. Nice. I wasn't expecting that; what I was expecting was to wait for the whole kaboodle to ship when everything came off pre-order.

Also, after noticing some irregularities on their site and asking after them, they sent me a coupon code for some ThoughtHammer credit.

I feel they've done well for me.

***DISCLAIMER*** I liked CardHaus as well, but I live in the state from which they ship and the tax was the factor that led to my first using ThoughtHammer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thought Hammer gets.....thumbsupthumbsup!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rick nichols
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've placed 4 orders in the last year without a problem. Plus, they have great prices.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scotty Dickey
United States
Brandon
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was a Funagaingames guy for a long time. I ordered my first Euro-style game from them and will, therefore, always feel a strong sentimental attathment. I still use them sometimes because I think they are great folks and they maintain an excellent website. While I've always received fantastic service from both both companies, ThoughHammer's prices can't be beat. When I'm loading up the cart for a big 6-10 game purchase, the few dollars off each item really adds up. You can't go wrong with either company in my opinion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Boykin
United States
Baton Rouge
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have used them several times. No mistakes, fast shipping. I like Thoughthammer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They are the best!!! thumbsupthumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Schlichting
United States
Elk River
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.popebrain.com
badge
Have you seen me?
mbmbmbmbmb
Used it once. Shipping was quick and no problems.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Crawford
United States
Chester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've bought 10 games with them. Excellent prices and timely service.

--Robert Crawford

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Easterlin
United States
Saint Peters
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For what it's worth, I've never had a problem with ANYTHING as it relates to orders / processing from ThoughtHammer. Low prices and quick shipping.

thumbsup Thumbs up all around thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Lartigue
United States
Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ThoughtHammer is always my first stop and usually my only one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turner
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thumbsup thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colleen
United States
Menomonee Falls
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I asked them to stock some games I wanted. About two weeks later, Thought Hammer was selling the games I asked for. I placed a few orders and was quite happy with the service. I was suprised to find out they hold orders until complete too, but it saves on shipping, and I can always ask then to ship what's in stock and cancel the rest of the order and make a separate order for the other items. I also orders some preorder items. Thought Hammer got back to me quickly with shipping dates when I asked for them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just another Secret Santa
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
I'm going to add a different twist to this post. Of all the online retailers, Thought Hammer is one of the best. Their service and pricing is good. However, I'm with Paul about their policy on preorders. That pretty much sucks.

However, I want to recommend another retailer to you that really is top notch on both pricing and service. His name is Tim Medin and his company is known as Game Closet. He is also a member here on BGG.com
I've used many different companies but I found this guy, kind of by accident, 6 months ago and gave him a try. Now me and my whole gaming group use him exclusively. There's also more of a personal aspect to ordering from him where you're not just another number like you are with other companies. Anyway, I really must recommend you giving this guy a try. If you're still not sure about him after reading this and don't want to place a huge order with someone you just read about, do like I did 6 months ago. Place a small order to try him out and see how it goes. I PROMISE you won't be disappointed and you'll use him from here on out. This ringing endorsement from me comes because I am a very happy customer and everyone I know that has used him feel the same way. In a day where businesses seem to be all about the dollar but service and quality takes a back seat, its refreshing to find a company where those good qualities of business still exist.

BTW: This recommendation goes for all BGGers. You gotta try this guy out on your next purchase. His prices and service WILL NOT be beat!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stan Mamula
United States
Oakmont
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I highly recommend Thought Hammer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
mbmbmbmbmb
I switch between Thoughthammer and Fairplay. I actually prefer Thoughthammer over Fairplay on most things (but Fairplay supports our local gaming club, so that's the only reason I switched to Fairplay).

I've done 4 orders or so with Thoughthammer. The first one was rocky, had a checkout issues. It was a bit annoying that I couldn't just pick up the phone and call them. Had to trade e-mails. So, an issue that would have taken 5 minutes to fix on the phone took all day to fix. But, they were plesent enough about, and when they shippied it I think they switched out one of my ding and dents for a fresh copy. So, I tried them again and was happy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Bernard Wingrave'
United States
Wyoming
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have placed two orders with them. Both good experiences.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Silva Jr.
United States
Carol Stream
IL
flag msg tools
badge
Look Sir!...Sand.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have used them 3 times already. Their flat fee shipping on smaller orders always keeps me coming back.

----------------
Indecision may or may not be my problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob McMurray
United States
La Grange
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thoughthammer is my first call from a short list of on-line retailers because their inventory tends to serve me the best, their prices are often the best, they ship accurately and quickly. I'm sure you will have a good experience with them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Carlson
United States
Wheaton
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've used Thought Hammer, Cardhaus, and Funagain. Haven't had any problems with any of those.

I did just do a pre-order with Thought Hammer for Battlelore, over Cardhaus, even though the latter was a little cheaper. I have read too many good reviews with Thought Hammer, and I didn't want this order messed up.

I did NOT know about their pre-order policy like what Paul is talking about, but I don't see DOW changing the $70 price for Battlelore. Total, with shipping, I paid $57. I also don't mind paying upfront, I guess I just expected that. It also saves me the hassle with having to deal with payment again.

I am curious what you guys think of Cardhaus. I was happy with the one order I placed with them. Anyone have any problems with them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Aasted
United States
flag msg tools
designer
Yes, I spend Geek Gold on useless things like this.
badge
Gloria: [to Robot] I'm just scared I'll come home one day and find you screwing a toaster.
mbmbmbmbmb
thumbsupthumbsupGREATservice

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.