• [+] Dice rolls
David Luchetti
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a son that's almost 3 ... I do not think that he's ready for Rhino Hero. Maybe in a year or even two?

Reasons:
Stacking the cards is difficult, even for adults
Understanding the actual rules and symbols on the cards will be very difficult for most 3 year olds
Many 3 year old, I think, will bend and ruin the cards
The tower can get pretty high off the table and most 3 year olds will not be able to reach it easily and could tip their chair trying, I think

I'd suggest Animal Upon Animal instead ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Cox
Australia
Petersham
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I agree this is too hard - wait a couple of years. I also think AUA is better for 4+ than 3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Reynolds
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys! Glad I asked. Have any suggestions? Right now we have animal upon animal and my first orchard. He likes both of thrm but I feel like he's ready for a little more complexity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick C
Canada
Pickering
Ontario
flag msg tools
Props to my chillrons.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My daughter turned 3 today and got this for her birthday. She had a lot of fun playing with it, and got the concept of how to place the cards according to the diagrams. Honestly, imo, it's a fun game to just play with, even if you aren't completely following the rules. It's a decently low price too if it doesn't work out.

We also like Animal Upon Animal, Loopin' Louie, Martian Dice, Monza, Flowerpot Game ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Cox
Australia
Petersham
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The Richard Scarry Busytown games are good - although better if more than one child is playing rather than adult+child. Also Viva Topo and Chicken Cha Cha Cha are fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John McD
Scotland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Coconuts is another dexterity game that might be better for a 3 year old. My 4 year old gets frustrated quite quickly by knocking down the tower, but even if he loses at Coconuts there is no shame or moment of humiliation for him so he's perfectly happy he's had fun.

A 3 year old will enjoy stacking the cards, but I'd just buy some wooden blocks or Bausack or something - more durable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Edwards
Australia
flag msg tools
I don't think so, but it depends entirely on the 3yo in question. My son can play RH with assistance, but isn't very good. His fine motor skills have definitely improved since we first started with Bling Bling Gemstone about a year ago.

He enjoys RH waaaay more than Jenga, but likes BBG more than both of them We also enjoy Martian Dice and Dino Hunt Dice, Kids of Carcassonne and Viva Topo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Friedly
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Little late to reply, but, I wonder if there are some games from Peaceable Kingdom http://www.peaceablekingdom.com/that would work as well as Haba http://www.habausa.com/products.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.