Ridgewood
West Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wanted to make sure if I have this right:

1) Is there another tribe on your biome? Yes -> negotiation
2) Each player may choose to leave peacefully or stay and fight
3) Attacks are now performed in Most Iron Order
4) If there are survivors from both (or all) tribes from the attack phase, then the tribe with the Least Hunters hunts first
5) Was the first tribe successful? Yes -> 2nd and 3rd tribe return with nothing. No -> Next tribe attempts the hunt

Special rule 5) If markland or vinland, all tribes on card may hunt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Forrest
Australia
Embleton
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty sure that's right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich James
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You cannot leave the biome unless the other tribes present there agree that you can leave.

Also, a tribe must have a War Chief (rank 4 elder) in order to attack another tribe's hunters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Forrest
Australia
Embleton
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
arjisme wrote:
You cannot leave the biome unless the other tribes present there agree that you can leave.

Also, a tribe must have a War Chief (rank 4 elder) in order to attack another tribe's hunters.

This is true, but he is just asking about order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich James
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He asked if what he posted was right. #2 wasn't completely right, so I clarified.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
scott Murray
Australia
Ridgewood
West Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks guys!

Appreciate the help.

Have completed beginners game and getting ready for the full game. So making sure I had everything correct.

In regards to Rich's comment about the war chief, if all tribes do not have a chief, then I suppose you just skip the negotiations (i.e. there can be no attacks if negotiations fail)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Forrest
Australia
Embleton
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
khorgor wrote:
thanks guys!

Appreciate the help.

Have completed beginners game and getting ready for the full game. So making sure I had everything correct.

In regards to Rich's comment about the war chief, if all tribes do not have a chief, then I suppose you just skip the negotiations (i.e. there can be no attacks if negotiations fail)?

You can still negotiate - The person with less hunters goes first, so maybe the person with more might be willing to offer something or risk not getting to hunt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
scott Murray
Australia
Ridgewood
West Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ahhh. the subtle tactics come into play!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nostra
Slovenia
Ljubljana (Colonia Iulia Aemona, Roman Empire 1st-5th century AD)
flag msg tools
John Company (2017) by Cole Wehrle, Sierra Madre Games
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
arjisme wrote:

According to the living rules, this is not true. Hunters must attack. A War Chief only serves to make them hit also on a 2, not just a 1, provided there is also an Alpha among the hunters.

F2. ATTACKS
Your hunters (including colonists) must attack other hunters on the same card by rolling a number of dice equal to the number of your hunters present. Each player is allowed one round of attacks per card. Except for war parties (see below), each “1” will kill a hunter of the victim’s choice.
• Most Iron Order. For multiple attackers, go in most iron order (A3). That is, the player with the most iron disks rolls first and applies damage, then the next attacker, etc. You may distribute your hits among multiple defenders.
War Party. If you have a Rank 4 Elder (War Chief), the group of hunters that includes your alpha is called a war party. All the hunters in a war party, including the alpha, achieve a hit if they roll a “1” or “2”.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich James
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nostradamus71 wrote:
arjisme wrote:

According to the living rules, this is not true.

I don't recall what the living rules said 21 months ago, but you have also highlighted an important thing about Sierra Madre Games: always check the living rules as Phil is quite active in updating them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.