DC Comics Deck-Building Game: Heroes Unite» Forums » General

Subject: Batman vs. Joker game and DC Heroes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Britt

Georgia
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I don't play DC Heroes yet, but will likely get into it. Are the two decks with the Batman v. Joker 1v1 game usable with the DC Heroes game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Patriss
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think some card could potentially be but there would be power issue.

Also the majority of the cards deal with when you have confrontations with the other player which doesn't happen in the regular game.

I would prob just keep the games sep. Where as in the base game and the crisis and Heroes Unite they are made to interact.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Galietta III
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While the cards CAN be fully integrated in the other standard sets by ignoring any text that deals with "confrontation", most cards with those confrontation powers are costed appropriately. In other words a card that says "+1 Power, draw a card. During a confrontation, your opponent's cost is reduced by 2" costing 5 to buy may be balanced for rivals, but in standard play a 5-cost "+1, draw one" is severely underpowered.

I would say roughly half the rivals deck would work with standard heroes sets, and the mid-level oversized cards would work well in the standar game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Dawkins
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As a whole I'd leave them separate...if you ever want to play Rivals you are going to have to separate them again which can be a pain.

I think it is okay to mix everything if you ONLY have the Heroes Unite set and Rivals, but once you decide to get the original base set and/or Crisis I would take all these cards right back out. As stated, many of the Rivals cards are simply too weak in normal play (perhaps to discourage mixing) to use in the normal game unless you just like diluting your deck greatly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Bowlby
Canada
Melville
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As others have said... some. I was disappointed with how many work well mixed in other sets. I bought it first too, and I liked it enough to buy more sets... but if I could do it over again, I would skip Batman vs Joker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hovey
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I took all the cards from Batman vs Joker (with some changes to price and text), and all Batman related villians, equipment, powers, and heroes from all the decks and made a Batman Exclusive themed deck builder. It was fun to play but I did have some issues with cost of cards and power. But it was fun to mix and match and try to create a brand new game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.