Sanjay Subrahmanyan
India
Chennai
Tamil Nadu
flag msg tools
badge
Play a boardgame and get social
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules say that camels that drop out because of being caught on a tile that gets moved when a sandstorm tile is picked is worth 1 point. Now what happens to those camels that are left on the board after the last player standing has completed his allotted 3 actions. Are these considered 'dropped out' and hence worth 1 point each? Or are they considered worthless.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
They are 1 point. All camels have value.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
todi wrote:
The rules say that camels that drop out because of being caught on a tile that gets moved when a sandstorm tile is picked is worth 1 point. Now what happens to those camels that are left on the board after the last player standing has completed his allotted 3 actions. Are these considered 'dropped out' and hence worth 1 point each? Or are they considered worthless.

10 years later...

I think wmshub was making a joke that if the ones left on the board are also worth 1 point each, what's the point of giving out ANY points?

What the rules should've been clearer on, is that, at least from my interpretation, is that:
since it's a kids game, they don't want kids to be too unhappy about having their camels "left behind". So as consolation, any camel that is left behind is worth 1 point. Kind of a catch-up mechanism, if you will.

Definitely very poorly written rules, though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.