Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

If there are two copies of Zero from MLF in the city, can you defeat them both after discarding three 0 cost cards, or would you have to discard 6 cards in this instance?

I'm inclined to think you get them both as card simply says, you have to discard 3 to fight Zero, so once you discard 3, you can fight him and defeat him twice with his 0 attack?

Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duane Banzon
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think they are unique to each other so you have to discard six cards to attack both of them. Can anyone confirm?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bert McCloud
United Kingdom
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dontfeedthegreen wrote:
Hi,

If there are two copies of Zero from MLF in the city, can you defeat them both after discarding three 0 cost cards, or would you have to discard 6 cards in this instance?

I'm inclined to think you get them both as card simply says, you have to discard 3 to fight Zero, so once you discard 3, you can fight him and defeat him twice with his 0 attack?

Thoughts?

No you have to discard 3 zero cost cards to defeat ONE of them and then do the same thing again for the second one.

Each card is a separate instance and has it's own conditions to be fulfilled. Since it's not a general rule that allows you to do it but a cards specific rule you must do it once for each.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel GOUSSET
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Each time you encounter a vilain you had to play his "Fight:" effect entirely before proceding to encounter your next target.

So, you had to discard twice to satisgy each effect. If Zero fight text was :"In order to defeat Zero you had to have discarded 3 zero cost cards during your turn" then you could have done both with the same discard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carnilius IV
msg tools
mb
IKerensky wrote:
If Zero fight text was :"In order to defeat Zero you had to have discarded 3 zero cost cards during your turn" then you could have done both with the same discard.

Interestingly, this would make the card more challenging, as there would no longer be any rule that allowed you to discard these three cards, barring any powers specific to the heroes in your deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your convincing arguments have convinced me. No more double-zero bashing here (at least not without discarding 6 cards first).

Cheers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devin Low
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I can confirm that Duane, Bert, Nathaniel are right. You would need to discard three 0-cost cards for each copy of Zero you fight that turn. If you have discarded three 0-cost cards to some other effect earlier in the turn, that doesn't satisfy Zero's requirement to discard three 0-cost cards to fight him.

Hilariously, I am adding this comment four years after the original question, linked here from Facebook. Hope everyone has been having a great four years! laugh

Devin Low meeple
Designer, Legendary
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
devinlow wrote:
I can confirm that Duane, Bert, Nathaniel are right. You would need to discard three 0-cost cards for each copy of Zero you fight that turn. If you have discarded three 0-cost cards to some other effect earlier in the turn, that doesn't satisfy Zero's requirement to discard three 0-cost cards to fight him.

Hilariously, I am adding this comment four years after the original question, linked here from Facebook. Hope everyone has been having a great four years! laugh

Devin Low meeple
Designer, Legendary

You'll have to stop by more often, BGG is the friendliest place on the web!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.