Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott de Brestian
United States
Mt. Pleasant
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, everyone, this is Scott, the designer. Playtesting is well underway, as as we get AARs we will post some of them here. If you are interested in following the process, go to talk.consimworld.com, and look for the game in the Pre-Gunpowder folder.

The game has a total of nine scenarios, covering almost all of the major campaigns in the Holy Land during the period of the Crusader States (including one hypothetical campaign). The game is reminiscent of Hannibal: Rome vs. Carthage (I actually started the design soon after that game was released), but has gone through innumerable iterations since then, so that the game is more of a distant cousin than a sister.

There is no schedule for release at present. Once we are satisfied with playtesting results, and Niko has made progress with the artwork, the game will be listed on MMPs preorder page. After that, it's up to you how quickly the game is released.

I will post further updates as we move along in the process.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan McKinney
United States
El Segundo
California
flag msg tools
badge
Is the title of the game still "Kingdom of Heaven" or is it "Outremer"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Perez
France
Paris
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
designer
Soon in retail !
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just checked on Consimworld.
Outremer is the original name of the game. It has then been changed to Kingdom of heaven.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Randall
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
That's correct.

"Outremer" simply became "Kingdom of Heaven" - the subtitle hasn't changed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Johnson
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Apparently, this is not available for pre-order yet? That's too bad; I was on the MMP pre-order page with credit card in hand this morning... It'd be nice if MMP could come up with a reasonable pre-order price and target based on, say, Warriors of God, which is probably in the same price ballpark, right? Forgive me, I'm just impatient...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Randall
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
It will be on pre-order shortly. We want to make sure it's very close to finished before doing so, in case it reaches its P500 target quickly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wray Ferrell
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
tempus42 wrote:
Apparently, this is not available for pre-order yet? That's too bad; I was on the MMP pre-order page with credit card in hand this morning... It'd be nice if MMP could come up with a reasonable pre-order price and target based on, say, Warriors of God, which is probably in the same price ballpark, right? Forgive me, I'm just impatient...

If you had not blown off GMT East you could have seen the game in all of it's playtest glory and talked to Scott (and eaten at the Cheesecake Factory). Of course Neil blew off the con as well...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Logging plays since 2004
badge
Oh, so you actually think about what you are saying?
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Scott and congrats on your soon-to-be-published design! It looks like a great game and I'm anxious to give it a try. Keep us posted as to when it will be listed for preorder and I'll be sure to get on the list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Randall
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Quote:
Of course Neil blew off the con as well...

Blew off?????

Okay, missed. No question about missed. But blew off? Never.

(Damn fascist employers kept adding meetings to my stupid schedule ...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffan O'Sullivan
United States
Plymouth
NH
flag msg tools
"To be honorable and just is our only defense against men without honor or justice." -Diogenes of Sinope
badge
I simply walk into Mordor.
mbmbmbmbmb
How are the cards handled? Card-driven, yes? Separate decks or one big deck? Home cards?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Randall
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
sos1 wrote:
How are the cards handled? Card-driven, yes?

Yes.

Quote:
Separate decks or one big deck?

One deck - but 4-6 cards go in for each different scenario.

Quote:
Home cards?

No - assuming I understand what home cards are.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffan O'Sullivan
United States
Plymouth
NH
flag msg tools
"To be honorable and just is our only defense against men without honor or justice." -Diogenes of Sinope
badge
I simply walk into Mordor.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Neil. By "home cards" I mean as used in The Napoleonic Wars and derived games, such as Wellington and Assyrian Wars. Cards that a given power has access to every turn, which are not shuffled into the main deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Randall
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
sos1 wrote:
Thanks, Neil. By "home cards" I mean as used in The Napoleonic Wars and derived games, such as Wellington and Assyrian Wars. Cards that a given power has access to every turn, which are not shuffled into the main deck.

Ah, those.

Answer is no.

But as I say, each scenario has 4-6 cards that get shuffled into the main deck, reflecting events specific to that scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.