Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
70 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: New online Diplomacy game starting for BGG members rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: game [+] online [+] to [+] Is [+] this [+] gamer [+] like [+] Be [+] an [+] If [+] [View All]
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It will be a standard game with 72 hours given for normal turns and 24 hours given for retreats or build with no deadlines falling on the weekends. Also, the game will probably take around 6 months to complete.

Please post in this thread if you are interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Count me in!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Coates
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmb
im interested

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I promise I will not kill you until you reach the top.
United States
Allen Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
Have you joined the 2017 Secret Cthanta yet?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am intersted too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe McKinley
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
When I heard the learn’d astronomer; When the proofs, the figures, were ranged in columns before me; When I was shown the charts and the diagrams, to add, divide, and measure them; When I, sitting, heard the astronomer, where he lectured with
badge
much applause in the lecture-room, How soon, unaccountable, I became tired and sick; Till rising and gliding out, I wander’d off by myself, In the mystical moist night-air, and from time to time, Look’d up in perfect silence at the stars. W.W.
mbmbmbmbmb
I am interested, but I played in the last few of these so I will let others who want to play have a chance first.

If you need a seventh, let me know. (Or if for whatever reason you need a replacement mid-game, I'm willing.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Ballinger
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in (markball)

The Unbeliever wrote:

If you need a seventh, let me know. (Or if for whatever reason you need a replacement mid-game, I'm willing.)

Joe! You always say that, and then somehow you get in a then win!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe McKinley
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
When I heard the learn’d astronomer; When the proofs, the figures, were ranged in columns before me; When I was shown the charts and the diagrams, to add, divide, and measure them; When I, sitting, heard the astronomer, where he lectured with
badge
much applause in the lecture-room, How soon, unaccountable, I became tired and sick; Till rising and gliding out, I wander’d off by myself, In the mystical moist night-air, and from time to time, Look’d up in perfect silence at the stars. W.W.
mbmbmbmbmb
thniff wrote:
I'm in (markball)

The Unbeliever wrote:

Joe! You always say that, and then somehow you get in a then win!

Ok...just wait long enough to find seven without me before you start the game!

I'm sure 7 people will show up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco J. Piña A.
Chile
Calama
Antofagasta
flag msg tools
badge
Insert any witty/stupid overtext you can think of here... I got nothing
mbmbmbmbmb
would you mind to have a newbie?? I always wanted to learn how to play this game online. As for the rules, I've read them, so that won't be that much of a problem

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Feldman
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
If this is still open and running, I'd be in. That is, provided you'd tolerate a BGG and Diplomacy newb. (I know the rules, though!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe McKinley
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rob S (wookie1)
Steve Coates (scoates)
That Steve Guy (mib668)
Mark Ballinger (thniff)
Francisco J. Piña A. (Adeptus)
Sam Feldman (Squrza)

That's six so far. Just waiting for one more.

If the game allows press for observers, I'll volunteer to add commentary. (If people are interested.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Feldman
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
On other forums I know have used a thread for the game and email for the conversation between players order sending. Is that how it's going to be run here, or are we using some sort of program?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B
United States
Oxford
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Hotty Toddy Rebels!
badge
Lets go Blues!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to play too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Korchnoi
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
My Little Man's first real wargame play: Barbarossa Solitaire
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be more than happy to play
Tim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I should have mentioned this in the opening post:

We will be playing using the interface at www.dipbounced.com

You will need to create an account there and send a BGG message to me letting you know what that username is so I can invite you to the Diplomacy game.

So far, it seems we have more than 7 players. If we can get 14, I will glady start two games (and those who want to comment can comment on the game that they are not playing).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only gotten three messages so far with a dipbounced username. Please message me if you want to play!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was asked about holiday breaks. That is not a problem! Just let me know about a week in advance and I will schedule a recess where the game is suspended for that amount of time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe McKinley
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How many players have signed up?

(Perhaps a new thread should be started to bring it to the top?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Only four have sent Dipbounced usernames....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking for 3 more messages!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I now have 8 people so I will be starting a Dipbounced game tonight. If you still want to play, please message me. I wil start a 2nd game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe McKinley
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be interested in playing a fast (24 hour turns) no press game. Anyone else interested?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Korchnoi
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
My Little Man's first real wargame play: Barbarossa Solitaire
mbmbmbmbmb
So long as you'll break for holidays, you can count me in

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yeh Fang
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
Me and a friend would be interested in joining the second game, but we're both complete newbies if that's ok.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's fine! Please message me with your dipbounced usernames and specify if you want to play the standard game or the 24 hour no-press games just mentioned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, the first standard game has been created, named BGGonly4 and the following people have been invited:

Squrza
scoates
SLBM1962
fendwick
nearsider
wargamer55
MrBaggins

Please join the game at www.dipbounced.com and we'll get started!

I also have two other people who would like to join a standard game. If we can get 5 more people, I will create BGGonly5.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.