Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Starts: 12-04-06

Complexity: Medium

Players: ONE SPOT AVAILABLE

Like the Dune theme, but lost in the complexity of Dune II? Like your WW games with a twist or two? Try this game starting December 4th!

In Dune Simplified, there will be 2 teams of wolves (the Harkonnens and the Fremen) similar to Clan Wars - but there will also be two teams of non-wolves competing against each other (the Atreides and Imperial Corrinos). As well, there will be neutral vanillagers that may be pulled into one of these four camps during the game.

Roles will carry the names of Dune characters, but will be in line with more familiar Werewolf roles - standard seers and bodyguards and brutal wolves will be found here!

No spice to trade, no private chat rooms (except for the wolves of course), no complicated bidding and plotting. Just a good ol' fashioned werewolf game!

-------------------

Rules and Roles

These will be added to and edited as I have time to add them in.
It should be noted that the teams are NOT all created equally - many roles are similar between teams, but for thematic purposes, and to prevent too static a game, some roles are unique to a team.

Atreides

Duke Leto - Recruiter for Atreides. Each night targets one person to recruit to Atreides team. If the player is a neutral and can become Atreides, this action succeeds. Leto will know the recruitment succeeds, and the recruited player will learn the identity of ONE Atreides player (randomly chosen) upon recruitment.

Jessica Atreides - Team Seer. Each night checks one player to see if that player is "Atreides" or "Not Atreides." If Jessica targets Paul Atreides (while Paul is an Atreides member), she will acquire PM rights with Paul.

Paul Atreides - Latent Fremen. If Paul is targeted for recruitment by the Fremen, Paul will become a Fremen member and will no longer be an Atreides. If Paul is targeted by either Chani or Feyd for the "brutal" kill power, that kill power fails.

Thufir Hawat - Harkonnen Seer. Each night checks one player to see if that player is "Harkonnen" or "Not Harkonnen."

Duncan Idaho - Bodyguard. Each night Duncan may target one player to protect from kill. If that player is targeted, Duncan is killed instead. If Duncan is targeted for kill by the Harkonnens, or if the player Ducan protects is an Atreides and that player is targeted by the Harkonnens, Duncan kills one Harkonnen when he dies (randomly chosen).

Gurney Halleck - Back-up Recruiter. If Duke Leto dies, Gurney will become the new Atreides recruiter, and will learn which players Duke Leto has already targeted (along with success/failure).

Atreides Soldiers - Regular troops in the Atreides Service. Unknown number present in game.

Corrino

Emperor Shaddam - Recruiter for Corrino team. Each night targets one person to recruit to Corrino team. If the player is a neutral and can become Corrino, this action succeeds. Shaddam will know the recruitment succeeds, and the recruited player will learn the identity of ONE Corrino player (randomly chosen) upon recruitment.

Reverend Mother Mohiam - Team Seer. Each night checks one player to see if that player is "Corrino" or "Not Corrino." Each day, may PM moderator to change one player's vote to another player. The effect of this will not be known publicly unless it alters the lynch outcome (will be apparent from results). This power succeeds unless Mohiam targets one of the following players: Paul Atreides, Princess Irulan, Jessica Atreides, Count Fenring, Thufir Hawat, Piter DeVries. Mohiam may not switch any single player's vote more than once during the game.

Princess Irulan - Back-up Recruiter. If Emperor Shaddam dies, Irulan will become the new Corrino recruiter, and will learn which players the Emperor has already targeted (along with success/failure).

Guild Navigator - Fremen Seer. Each night checks one player to see if that player is "Fremen" or "Not Fremen."

Count Hasimir Fenring - Bodyguard. Each night Fenring may target one player to protect from kill. If that player is targeted, Fenring is "wounded" but is not killed. If Fenring successfully protects a player again, Fenring is killed instead.

Commander Aramsham - Sardaukar Infiltrator. Each night, Aramsham will receive the same information as one of the seers that receives a negative view ("Not Corrino," "Not Fremen," etc.). If all views are positive, Aramsham receives no information.

Sardaukar Soldiers - Regular troops in the Corrino Service. Unknown number present in game.

Harkonnens

Harkonnens have PM rights with each other and choose a kill target each night.

Baron Harkonnen - Harkonnen Recruiter. Each night targets one person to recruit to Harkonnen team. If the player is a neutral and can become Harkonnen, this action succeeds, and that player gains PM rights with all other Harkonnens. (Max of 2 successful recruitments permitted for the Harkonnen team.)

Feyd-Rautha - Brutal Wolf. If lynched, may kill any player that voted for him. If he targets Paul Atreides or Count Fenring his power fails.

Beast Rabban - Each day may target one player and attempt to nullify the player's vote entirely. If the targeted player is a Fremen or a Neutral, this action will succeed. However, it will not be known unless it alters the outcome of the lynch.

Fremen

Fremen have PM rights with each other and choose a kill target each night.

Stilgar - Fremen Recruiter. Each night targets one person to recruit to Fremen team. If the player is a neutral and can become Fremen, or is Paul Atreides, this action succeeds, and that player gains PM rights with all other Fremen. (Max of 2 successful recruitments permitted for the Fremen team.)

Chani - Brutal Wolf. If lynched, may kill any player that voted for her. If she targets Paul Atreides, Jessica Atreides, Liet Kynes, Feyd-Rautha, or Count Fenring her power fails.

Otheym - If Stilgar is killed, Otheym becomes the Recruiter for the Fremen team, but may recruit a maximum of ONE player to Fremen team (if Stilgar has recruited 2, Otheym cannot recruit anyone). If Otheym is targeted for kill by the Harkonnens, the kill is nullified for that night. Otheym may be targeted again by the Harkonnens for a successful kill.

Others

Piter DeVries - Wins with the Harkonnens, but the Harkonnens do not know his identity at the beginning of the game. Piter will know the player IDs of the Baron, Feyd, the Emperor, and Jessica Atreides at the beginning of the game, but will not know those players' specific roles. If the Harkonnens attempt to recruit Piter, they will learn his identity but will not gain PM rights with him.

Neutrals - Unknown number of other neutrals in game. These players will not have a specific player ID at game start, and will not know which teams they can be recruited into. Upon successful recruitment, they will receive a role ID name and their new team assignment. Once recruited, the player is no longer Neutral and is a full member of the team he/she is recruited into.

Some Neutrals will have special abilities or conditions once recruited:

Dr. Liet Kynes - Recruitable either by Corrino or Fremen. If recruited by either team, Kynes will learn the identity of one random Atreides team member.

Dr. Wellington Yueh - Recruitable either by Atreides or Harkonnen. If recruited by Harkonnen, Yueh will be lynched in place of any Harkonnen that is lynched. If recruited by Atreides, Yueh may sacrifice himself and another Atreides to kill one random Harkonnen at night (Yueh must name the Atreides to be sacrificed, otherwise the power fails and only Yueh dies).

Lady Fenring - Recruitable by Corrino, Atreides, Harkonnen. If recruited by Corrino, gains PM rights with Count Hasimir Fenring. If recruited by Atreides, will learn identity of Count Fenring and may win either with Atreides or Corrino. If recruited by Harkonnen, Lady Fenring protects Feyd-Rautha from night-kill until either she is killed or until only she and Feyd are the remaining Harkonnens.

Others neutral characters will have a name once recruited, but will not have any special abilities:

Shadout Mapes
Ionesco Valdeshar
Esmar Tuek
Stabban Tuek
Guild Banking Representative
Lingar Bewt
Archduke of Ecaz
Earl of Vernius
Count of Richese

Rules

1. Lynch is determined by voting majority. In case of ties, ties are broken using the LONGEST HELD LAST VOTE (LHLV) method.

2. Rev. Mother Mohiam's vote switching power replaces a person's vote in the same number order as the original vote, but for the new target she chooses.

3. Beast Rabban's vote nullfication power does not affect the order of any other votes before or after it.

4. Harkonnens and Fremen submit a name each night for kill. If they target separate players, both players are killed (unless modified by bodyguard blocking). If they target the same player, that player is not killed and both night kills are nullified.

5. Harkonnens and Fremen may not target the same person for recruitment and night-kill.

6. Roles are not revealed on death. Only team alignment is revealed on death.

Victory Conditions

Atreides - Atreides team must eliminate all Harkonnens, and either:
a) Have all Corrinos eliminated
b) Outnumber remaining Corrino + remaining Neutrals
c) Outnumber remaining Corrino only when all Fremen eliminated

Corrino - Corrino team must eliminate all Fremen, and either:
a) Have all Atreides eliminated
b) Outnumber remaining Atreides + remaining Neutrals
c) Outnumber remaining Atreides only when all Harkonnen eliminated

Harkonnen - Harkonnen team must either:
a) Eliminate all Fremen and achieve parity with remaining Atreides
b) Eliminate all Atreides and outnumber remaining Fremen
c) Eliminate all Fremen and achieve parity with all remaining players

Fremen - Fremen team must either:
a) Eliminate all Harkonnen and achieve parity with remaining Corrinos
b) Eliminate all Corrinos and outnumber remaining Harkonnen
c) Eliminate all Harkonnen and achieve parity with all remaining players

Neutrals - If at any time all Harkonnen and Fremen are eliminated, any players still neutral and unrecruited will achieve victory, regardless of whether any other team also achieve victory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Dune - Simplified WW Game, Signup!
Player List According to Cassandra:
-Johnny-
Anonymouse512
arkibet
BagpipeDan
Beowulf
Bowman
buffalospynovel
DarthVain
Denise
Denry
Esuh
GrimJester
jaredh
Javal
kristiefix
kuchick
Luge
nickanner
nykkel
Pbwedz
RoyalFlush
Rukasu
RyanDG
ScottBecker
Shugyosha
SyBotCB
Tarrant
TheArchAngel
whirlinghurly
wiz8mom
Xandryyte

31 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/1310...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B
United States
Oxford
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Hotty Toddy Rebels!
badge
Lets go Blues!
mbmbmbmbmb
Woot, first. Do I get a special prize?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danielle Anner
United States
Orchard Park
New York
flag msg tools
badge
“A sense of humor...is superior to any religion so far devised.” ― Tom Robbins
mbmbmbmbmb
SybotCB wrote:

Sybot, I love your avatar! It's spongey and spooky.

and I signed up.. cant get enough Dune.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
An open-eyed man falling into the well
United States
Roswell
Georgia
flag msg tools
"I don’t believe in magic that works whether or not you believe in it!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Arrakis. Dune. The Desert Planet.

I'm in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Gutierrez
United States
Johnson City
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Yep.

I'm in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
buffalospynovel wrote:
SybotCB wrote:

Sybot, I love your avatar! It's spongey and spooky.

and I signed up.. cant get enough Dune.

Would that be Spoongeky?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Merced
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I'm in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Likens
United States
Cornelius
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No way I can't be in this. In.

And I officially pre-signup for Dune III.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristie Satterly
United States
Bailey
Colorado
flag msg tools
Run you clever boy, and REMEMBER!
badge
Well behaved women, seldom make history.
mbmbmbmbmb
I am in!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Valvard
msg tools
Spread the conFUDsion wherever you can...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For the theme and atmosphere alone, it would be worth it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amanda Fabulous
United States
Hillsborough/Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just signed up on Cassandra.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bumping back to top.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
~MUST LOVE~ ~Geeky Time Lords~
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Didn't understand all of Dune2's mechanics, but I just love the theme.

Gotta play.

meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nineteen is looking good. 4 to 10 more will do it. Alternates always welcome to put their name in the ring, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall P.
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
"Nothing in Biology Makes Sense Except in the Light of Evolution" - Theodosius Dobzhansky
badge
There is grandeur in this view of life, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vita Sackville
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Well, I tried to sign up. I am a new user on this forum but not new to the game. I assume I should be using the same user name and password as I use to get onto the site? I sent Cassandra a message but I am trying to register an "I'm in"!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vita Sackville
United Kingdom
flag msg tools

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MDP - glad to have ya.

Vita - good to see you were able to navigate Cassandra successfully.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This fell off the first page? Inconceivable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Golden Lotus
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
We return to Arrakis!

This time to win! (*)

(* optional)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
    Conserve energy:     Play Board Games!
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
Some say the world will end in fire, Some say in ice. From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire. But if it had to perish twice, I think I know enough of hate To say that for destruction ice Is also great And would suffice.
badge
Shake your business up and pour it. I don't have all day.
mb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whew, only four slots remaining!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
    Conserve energy:     Play Board Games!
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
Some say the world will end in fire, Some say in ice. From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire. But if it had to perish twice, I think I know enough of hate To say that for destruction ice Is also great And would suffice.
badge
Shake your business up and pour it. I don't have all day.
mb
kimapesan wrote:

Pffft. I thought you were going to sign me up when you opened the thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Beowulf wrote:
kimapesan wrote:

Pffft. I thought you were going to sign me up when you opened the thread.

Oh, I thought that was for Dune III.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.