Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Rowswell
United States
knob noster
US Armed Forces - Americas
flag msg tools
mbmb
As per FFG's website, the XCOM board game is now avalible. Check it out the article! My excitement knows no bounds.

http://fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=5341
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Still no setup-rulesheet PDF on the site though, which is a shame. Even though there's no actual rulebook, I'd like to see the setup sheet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raziel Chromatic
Canada
Rimouski
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules are in the app, and the app is free :)
I played yesterday expecting nothing special.
I was completely blown away!
This game is AMAZING.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
Deiflex wrote:
The rules are in the app, and the app is free
I played yesterday expecting nothing special.
I was completely blown away!
This game is AMAZING.

He's talking about the setup sheet which is included in the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dardia
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked up the game at my FLGS in New York on Monday, on my way home to an impending snow day. On Tuesday I played two games with my 14-yr old son and his best friend, who has played the videogame and was very excited about a boardgame version. We got crushed both times but the game, and the way the app enables it, is awesome! When I got home from work today, my son was waiting to play another game so we did a two-player version. We made it much closer to winning (on Easy level, admittedly) - two more turns would have done the trick for the final mission but a bad crisis card led to the base being destroyed. Once you start falling behind, this thing can really snowball.

As he headed up to bed tonight, my son said "Dad, can we try XCOM again tomorrow night?". You bet!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.