Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Start: December 13th

Complexity: Low

Players: 15 - 19

"And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid. And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger. And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying, Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men."

"Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem, Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him. When Herod the king had heard these things, he was troubled, and all Jerusalem with him.

...Then Herod, when he saw that he was mocked of the wise men, was exceeding wroth, and sent forth, and slew all the children that were in Bethlehem, and in all the coasts thereof, from two years old and under, according to the time which he had diligently inquired of the wise men."

Vanilla Shepherds and Three Wise Masons. King Herod the killer. Sounds like a WW game to me!

Just in time for the Christmas holidays, too.

Roles

Good Roles

Archangel Gabriel - The seer with a twist. Each night submits a player name to learn if the player is "wolf" or "not wolf." Exception: If Gabriel targets Mary, Gabriel will learn she is Mary. If Gabriel targets Joseph, Joseph will begin receiving Gabriel's visions as well (from that point forward). Gabriel will not know he has targeted Joseph, however.

Mary - The "hunter". If Mary is alive when the wolves achieve parity, then the wolves lose and Good wins. Mary is revealed as "shepherd" when lynched or killed.

Joseph - A "martyr" with a twist. Each night, Joseph may target one person to protect from kill; if the wolves target that person, Joseph is killed instead. May also receive Gabriel's visions if Gabriel targets Joseph during the game. Joseph is revealed as "shepherd" when lynched or killed.

Innkeeper - The "delayed bodyguard." Once during the game, may publicly announce protection for X number of players, where X is the current night number. The Innkeeper protects himself plus the players he names.

3 Magi - The masons with a twist. Initially the magi do not know each other, and must find each other to follow the star they've seen. Each night, each mason submits a player name. If that player is a fellow magi, then both players learn each other's ID. The magi do NOT get the ability to PM each other - they will only know each other's player ID.

Simeon - The "priest". As long as Simeon is alive, player roles are revealed upon lynch or kill. Once Simeon is lynched/killed, no roles (or alignment) are revealed upon death.

7 Shepherds - The rest of the good side are "vanilla shepherds".

Evil (Wolves)

Herod - The "brutal wolf". When lynched, Herod may choose one player voting for him and kill that player as well.

Archelaus - Herod's son and named heir. Each day, Archelaus may assign one target player's vote to any other player, via PM to the moderator. This vote change is announced at lynch time. Archelaus may target himself or another wolf with this ability.

Antipas - Another of Herod's sons. Once per game will survive a successful lynch; must be lynched a second time to be killed.

Aux Evil

Quirinius - The Roman governor, conducting the census. Each night targets a player to learn the player's identity, as would be revealed on death. Mary and Joseph and Shepherds are revealed as "Shepherds", and other players are revealed according to their role (Magi, Gabriel, Herod, etc.).

Rules

Lynch time: 4 PM BGG time

Night orders: 8 PM BGG time

Night 0 and Role assignments will occur on Dec. 12th, game thread will open then. On Night 0 random views are given to Gabriel (non-wolf), Joseph (not Mary), Magi (not fellow Magi), and Quirinius (shepherd).

Day 1 ends on Dec. 13th at 4 PM BGG time. Night 1 ends 8 PM on Dec. 13th. Play proceeds from there as usual.

Ties will be broken using the Longest Held Vote mechanism.

Roles are revealed on death in this game until Simeon (Priest) is killed/lynched. Mary and Joseph reveal as "shepherd", all other players reveal according to their assigned role. Once Simeon is dead, no role (or alignment) is revealed.

Good wins when all 3 wolves are killed. Evil wins (including aux evil) if the wolves achieve parity with remaining players (unless Mary is still alive, see above).

Only the wolves have PM rights with each other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Werewolf - The Christmas Story
Player List According to Cassandra:
acekim
Belash
Beowulf
bluebehir
CapAp
Denise
Freyja
Ithicks
jaredh
kristiefix
kuchick
Lardarse
Melsana
MoonGoddess
ScottBecker
seppi
Shugyosha
TheArchAngel
Wildscrpio

19 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/1310...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MandaBug
United States
Starkville
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just signed up on Cassandra. I'm interested to see how it turns out!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just signed up on Cassandra.

Sounds like too interesting of a theme to pass up. I just hope people don't get irreligios (sp?) and make me regret signing up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Melsana wrote:

Sounds like too interesting of a theme to pass up. I just hope people don't get irreligios (sp?) and make me regret signing up.

I'll try to keep it clean.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amanda Fabulous
United States
Hillsborough/Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Likens
United States
Cornelius
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Melsana wrote:

We make fun of each other and themes all throughout the WW Forum. Why can't we be irreligious as well? What makes this game any different than any other ww game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
~MUST LOVE~ ~Geeky Time Lords~
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I can do this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa
Australia
Parkville
Vic
flag msg tools
admin
designer
May you find the Perfect Shoe! xxx
badge
Mostly offline, but trying.
mbmbmbmbmb
Royalflush wrote:
Melsana wrote:

We make fun of each other and themes all throughout the WW Forum. Why can't we be irreligious as well? What makes this game any different than any other ww game?

I think a little respect for other people's beliefs doesn't hurt. Call it the Christmas spirit, or something.

Of course, it's hard to see how a werewolf game could be entirely without mockery

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mockery can be done without actually mocking any sacred cows. Watch "Life of Brian". Perfect example.

And I can't believe that all of the signees so far are... women? That's unusual!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa
Australia
Parkville
Vic
flag msg tools
admin
designer
May you find the Perfect Shoe! xxx
badge
Mostly offline, but trying.
mbmbmbmbmb
kimapesan wrote:
And I can't believe that all of the signees so far are... women? That's unusual!

Everyone got confused & thought Latria was running this game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
melissa wrote:
kimapesan wrote:

Or maybe people think this is about Ralphie and his BB gun.

Admittedly that COULD make for a fun and interesting game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kimapesan wrote:
melissa wrote:
kimapesan wrote:

I WOULD NOT PLAY THAT GAME... I HATE THAT MOVIE... stupid leg lamp.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
See, it's clearly not for everyone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terri K
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Good golly people... my username has a lower case x!!
badge
Females play board games too!!! ;)
mbmbmbmbmb
kimapesan wrote:

Now THAT would be fun! Although I hate that lamp too... Went to Hallmark over the weekend and there is a ornament of a crate, I opened it up and there it sat... that dreadful lamp! It was funny, though...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denise Lavely
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in!

What rough beast, its hour comes round at least, slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?

(Yes, I know, Herod is the 'wolf', but it still seems like a good quote for a Christmas WW game!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greig
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Always believe
badge
I went out there in search of experience, to taste and to touch and to feel as much, as a man can before he repents...
mbmbmbmbmb
ho ho ho

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Belash wrote:
ho ho ho

Yuck...a boy... you have coodies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I still can't believe only one male has signed on for this. Very unusual circumstances.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denise Lavely
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe you should alter your tagline to read something like - "8 Sexy WW Babes Want YOU to Join this Game!" That should get some more guys to sign up

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Denise wrote:
Maybe you should alter your tagline to read something like - "8 Sexy WW Babes Want YOU to Join this Game!" That should get some more guys to sign up

Somehow, that just seems rather incongruous with the theme.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Golden Lotus
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Denise wrote:

The festive season is here!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shugyosha wrote:
Denise wrote:

The festive season is here!

Obviously it works, however.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Golden Lotus
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
kimapesan wrote:
Obviously it works, however.

(I was going to sign up anyway...honest)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Acekim
United States
Boston
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I signed up because I've never played in a game modded by Kima.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.