Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Start: October 31st, 2006

Complexity: Medium

Number of Players: 21 to 25

This game is full - alternates are more than welcome to sign up!

This silly-themed game is just in time for Halloween, and will also help me test the same rules and mechanics being used for Dune-Simplified running at the beginning of December.

There will be two teams of wolves, the Zombies and the Ninjas. There will be two competing teams of villagers, the Pirates and the Robots. And there will be neutral... monkeys! The Monkeys can turn into Pirates, Ninjas, Robots, or Zombies during the game.

The Teams!

Pirates

The Pirates win one of two ways:

a) All Ninjas are killed, and the Pirates outnumber remaining Robots + Monkeys, OR
b) All Ninjas and Zombies are killed, and the Pirates outnumber remaining Robots.

Pirate Captain - Each night, the pirate captain can attempt to recruit a monkey. The captain PMs the name of a player. If that player is a monkey, and can be recruited by the pirates, the monkey becomes a pirate. The Captain will know the recruitment is successful, but the new pirate will not know who recruited him/her. A maximum of THREE monkeys can be recruited to the Pirate team during the game.

Pirate Seer - Each night, the pirate seer searches for enemy ninjas. The seer PMs the name of a player, and is told whether the player is a "ninja" or "not a ninja."

Pirate Bodyguard - Each night, the bodyguard targets another player to protect. If either ninjas or zombies target that player, the bodyguard is killed instead. If either ninjas or zombies target the bodyguard, the bodyguard dies and one of the killers is randomly chosen to die as well.

3 Regular Pirates - No special powers, just trying to get all the ninjas lynched!

Robots

The Robots win one of two ways:

a) All Zombies are killed, and the Robots outnumber remaining Pirates + Monkeys, OR
b) All Ninjas and Zombies are killed, and the Robots outnumber remaining Pirates.

Robot Commander - Each night, the robot commander can attempt to recruit a monkey. The commander PMs the name of a player. If that player is a monkey, and can be recruited by the robots, the monkey becomes a robot. The Commander will know the recruitment is successful, but the new robot will not know who recruited him/her. A maximum of THREE monkeys can be recruited to the Robot team during the game.

Robot Seer - Each night, the robot seer searches for enemy zombies. The seer PMs the name of a player, and is told whether the player is a "zombie" or "not a zombie."

Robot Bodyguard - Each night, the bodyguard targets another player to protect. If either ninjas or zombies target that player, the bodyguard is killed instead. If either ninjas or zombies target the bodyguard, the bodyguard dies and one of the killers is randomly chosen to die as well.

3 Regular Robots - No special powers, just trying to get all the zombies lynched!

Ninjas

The Ninjas win one of two ways:

a) All Zombies and Pirates are killed, OR
b) All Zombies are killed, and the Ninjas achieve parity (or better) with the Pirates + remaining Monkeys.

Ninja Commander - Each night, the ninja commander can attempt to recruit a monkey. The commander PMs the name of a player. If that player is a monkey, and can be recruited by the ninjas, the monkey becomes a ninja (no special powers), and may then PM with the other ninjas. A maximum of ONE monkey can be recruited to the Ninja team during the game.

Ninja Seer - Each night the ninja seer searches for a Pirate. The seer PMs the name of a player, and is told if the player is a "pirate" or "not a pirate".

Ninja Brutal - If the Brutal Ninja is lynched, he/she takes down one other player as well. However, if the Brutal Ninja chooses either of the bodyguards or the Pirate Seer, this power fails.

Zombies

The Zombies win one of two ways:

a) All Ninjas and Robots are killed, OR
b) All Ninjas are killed, and the Zombies achieve parity (or better) with the Robots + remaining Monkeys.

Zombie Leader - Each night, the zombie leader can attempt to recruit a monkey. The leader PMs the name of a player. If that player is a monkey, and can be recruited by the zombies, the monkey becomes a zombie(no special powers). The new zombie may then PM with the other zombies. A maximum of ONE monkey can be recruited to the Zombie team during the game.

Zombie Seer - Each night the zombie seer searches for a Robot. The seer PMs the name of a player, and is told if the player is a "robot" or "not a robot".

Zombie Brutal - If the Brutal Zombie is lynched, he/she takes down one other player as well. However, if the Brutal Zombie chooses either of the bodyguards or the Robot Seer, this power fails.

Monkeys

All monkeys are ordinary "villagers" and have no special powers. However, each monkey can be recruited by two or more of the teams in the game, and each monkey will know which teams can recruit him or her. If the leader of a team targets that monkey, and the monkey can be recruited into that team, the monkey becomes a regular member of that team and is no longer considered a monkey, and cannot be recruited by any other team.

If two or more leaders try to recruit a monkey, and that monkey could be recruited by more than one of those leaders, the monkey is NOT recruited to any of the attempting teams. If only one of the leaders can actually recruit the monkey (the monkey can't be recruited into the other teams), then the recruitment succeeds for that team.

Any player who is still a monkey at the end of the game wins if all the ninjas and zombies are dead.

The Rules!

Lynch Deadline: 2:00 PM BGG Time.

Night Orders Deadline: 4:00 PM BGG Time.

Reveals: Teams are revealed on death, but roles are not. Monkeys that have been recruited will reveal as their new team, not as monkeys. Unrecruited monkeys reveal as "monkey".

Ninjas and Zombies will each have private chat rooms on Cassandra to discuss strategy and kills.

Lynch ties will be broken by the Longest Held Vote mechanism.

If the Ninjas and Zombies each choose the same person to target for night kill, then there is NO night kill - the ninjas and zombies back away to fight another day. This is true even if they target a bodyguard or a bodyguard's protection target.

If a leader successfully recruits a monkey on the same night the leader is targeted for kill, the recruitment will still succeed. If the recruitment is successful and the monkey is targeted for kill that night, the recruitment is still considered a successful recruitment for the leader and does count toward that side's maximum recruitment allotment.

If either the Pirate Captain or Robot Commander is killed before reaching the maximum allotment of recruits, one ordinary pirate/robot on the team (chosen at random by the mod, if available) will be promoted to Captain/Commander. That player may recruit ONE and only one more monkey onto the team, regardless of how many recruits the prior leader made. If this promoted player is killed, or if all ordinary pirates/robots are killed before the leader is killed, no other players on the team will be promoted and no more recruits are possible for that team.

If the Ninja commander or Zombie leader is killed, there is no one on the team that will replace that commander/leader. If the commander did not recruit a monkey, no recruiting will be possible for that team.

In the case of two guards protecting the same person, who is targeted by one wolf team, one guard is randomly chosen to be killed instead, the other guard is not killed. If both wolf teams target that person, neither guards nor target is killed (as above, the wolves negate each other in this case).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Player List According to Cassandra:
Anarchy
Anonymouse512
BagpipeDan
Belash
buffalospynovel
CapAp
Dr Banana
Esuh
funktard
Gregarius
GrimJester
JCWid
kristiefix
kuchick
Lardarse
Melsana
nickanner
riot
Ron Stuckel
RoyalFlush
RyanDG
Seppi
Shugyosha
Stuey
Xandryyte

25 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/1310...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danielle Anner
United States
Orchard Park
New York
flag msg tools
badge
“A sense of humor...is superior to any religion so far devised.” ― Tom Robbins
mbmbmbmbmb
ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Merced
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Likens
United States
Cornelius
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
An open-eyed man falling into the well
United States
Roswell
Georgia
flag msg tools
"I don’t believe in magic that works whether or not you believe in it!"
mbmbmbmbmb
zombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antigonus Monophthalmus
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
AWESOME

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Gutierrez
United States
Johnson City
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Jeez... I've gone on a sign up frenzy today... I think this is the third game I've signed up for.

But it is the only one with Pirates in it (that i'm aware of).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Aharr, me maties!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terri K
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Good golly people... my username has a lower case x!!
badge
Females play board games too!!! ;)
mbmbmbmbmb
robot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Taylor
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amanda Fabulous
United States
Hillsborough/Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just signed up on Cassandra.

ooh, monkeys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristie Satterly
United States
Guffey
Colorado
flag msg tools
Run you clever boy, and REMEMBER!
badge
Well behaved women, seldom make history.
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John So-And-So
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
You and the Cap'n make it hap'n
mbmbmbmbmb
Can I be one of each?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CapAp wrote:
Can I be one of each?

Dress up you Cap avatar as one of each and we'll see.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John So-And-So
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kimapesan wrote:
CapAp wrote:
Can I be one of each?

Challenge accepted. Results later today, after my root canal.

Should I ask *why* your avatar is the most famous mystery hack in the business?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giant Robot
United States
Belleville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Mmm, Monkey meat

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CapAp wrote:
kimapesan wrote:
CapAp wrote:
Can I be one of each?

Challenge accepted. Results later today, after my root canal.

Should I ask *why* your avatar is the most famous mystery hack in the business?

I'm John Grisham in the "John" game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I'm currious to see how this works out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greig
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Always believe
badge
I went out there in search of experience, to taste and to touch and to feel as much, as a man can before he repents...
mbmbmbmbmb

ook ook or whatever the hell a monkey says.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, just need 5 more to start... up to 9 more slots tho!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Arrgh, *BZZZZT*, ook ook, Cassandra, BRAAAAAINS!!!

Didn't Pirates of the Carribean have a zombie pirate monkey? If only they could've put his brain in an automaton of some sort we'd have the ultimate player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gregarius wrote:
Arrgh, *BZZZZT*, ook ook, Cassandra, BRAAAAAINS!!!

Didn't Pirates of the Carribean have a zombie pirate monkey? If only they could've put his brain in an automaton of some sort we'd have the ultimate player.

But would he be a ninja zombie pirate monkey automoton?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ZOMG ITS
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John So-And-So
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was that zombie monkey pirate, and since the game was broken, I played on autopilot, and since I was the last person lynched, I would say I was pretty sneaky. Ninjapiratezombiemonkeyrobot, right there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.