Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Gill
United Kingdom
Mansfield
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm adding the following straight after our game, so I remember them (however, I guess the answers could be stated in the rulebook if I checked there again.... But I dont think so)

1 can you own two of the same artifact (we think yes)

2 can both be in the Regalia (we think no as it states three unique)

2a but in that case if you draw a second copy we assume it must go straight to Waiting ?

3 how many cards can you buy ? The rules seem to indicate more than 2 if you have the appropriate symbols but questions in the FAQ in the rulebook imply a max of 2. (We played a maximum of 2)

4 does putting an artifact in the Regalia happen before miasma are resolved? We believe it is yes, but confirmation would be good

Thanks

Ian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Heuer
United States
California
flag msg tools
mlawles wrote:
You can buy ONE card unless you have a card in hand with the Fortune symbol (page 21). You CAN chain these together as long as you have enough Clarity to keep buying.

The main rules clearly state this, yes, but then the FAQ (#21) explicitly states that they do NOT chain, and you can never have more than two total buys. My guess is that the FAQ is wrong.

mlawles wrote:
Page 23 of the instructions state "When [an artifact] appears in the player's hand in the course of normal play, it can be equipped immediately into the player's Regalia Zone, and its effects occur instantly." I interpret that to mean that YES - you can equip it before any Miasma effects fire off.

No, because Miasma fires off during the beginning phase, and equipping of artifacts happens during the action phase. (Page 17: (2)(a) "Artifacts can enter the Regalia Zone and have an effect".)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.