Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
...and J-Pop too!!!!
badge
Raina rocks!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey everyone,

This is something I wrote to a song called You Are That Person by a group called FlaShe. You've never heard of them....

I wasn't sure if I wanted to post it, because I wasn't 100% happy with the outcome. I can count a few colorful or jazz notes (if you will) towards the end of the song.

But I am my own worst critic. I know that....

However, I posted it on saturday night, and on monday I got a like from one of the members of the group on Facebook. (Yes, I am one of those nerds that have all the members of the group as friends.)

Since that put me on cloud nine..what the heck. Even a "you suck donkey nuts!" at this point can't bring me down. So here it is....me and my good ol' mandolin, diving into the K-Pop world.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
While I am not really into the whole korean pop thing, I am totally impressed with your Mandolin skills.

thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Norris
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
...and J-Pop too!!!!
badge
Raina rocks!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
While I am not really into the whole korean pop thing, I am totally impressed with your Mandolin skills.

thumbsup

Wow...thank you! I always felt like it was my weaker instrument.

That really made my day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
demondude777 wrote:

That really made my day.

Now I'm going to need you to grow a beard drop the bubblegum stuff and get into a more folky sound..And a Union Kepi wouldn't hurt either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Norris
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
...and J-Pop too!!!!
badge
Raina rocks!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
Now I'm going to need you to grow a beard drop the bubblegum stuff and get into a more folky sound..And a Union Kepi wouldn't hurt either.

That might be asking a little too much. lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Holder
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As one who has played a lot of guitar and only a little mandolin, nice work! thumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Norris
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
...and J-Pop too!!!!
badge
Raina rocks!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
b a n j o wrote:
If I can offer one piece of advice:

You should work on stretching your hand wide, so you don't have to move your arm so much traversing up and down the neck.

My hands are pretty big...so much that that stretching usually overshoots the correct fret. I ran into that problem when recording in the beginning.....I kept overshooting one note.

That is the price I pay for playing all these different sized instruments. A guitar always feels like a little toy after playing bass.

But I do agree that I have to work on it...especially for chords. Plus I need to explore more chords on mandolin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Virre Linwendil Annergård
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Forza Bajen!
badge
... and still sober
mbmbmbmbmb
demondude777 wrote:
MWChapel wrote:

thumbsup

That really made my day.

I too am impressed, probably because 1 and a half year after getting a Mandolin, I still can not play it for crap, mostly because I play to little.

(Of course a lifetime of having a guitar and half one of trying to play it, I still suck at the guitar too though)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy the Hut
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Sit beside the breakfast table Think about your troubles Pour yourself a cup of tea Then think about the bubbles
mbmbmbmbmb
Really nice!

My only critique is that the bricks in your fireplace aren't parallel with the ceiling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Norris
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
...and J-Pop too!!!!
badge
Raina rocks!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
virre wrote:
I too am impressed, probably because 1 and a half year after getting a Mandolin, I still can not play it for crap, mostly because I play to little.

Don't give up...and keep playing. And most importantly...enjoy playing. Even if it is something simple, as long as you are having fun then you are doing it right.

Billythehut wrote:
My only critique is that the bricks in your fireplace aren't parallel with the ceiling.

Actually it was filmed at my friend's house. He has all the good recording equipment...so I will let him know. lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.