BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Someone help me remember this game!!! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: identify [+] [View All]
Kirk Emmer
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Ok guys, I'm hoping we can all put our collective geekiness together to remember this game from the 80's.

The game was sort of a tile game about battling a dragon. The game board had the dragon on his mountain in the middle, and there were four villages around it (for the players). Each player's village had a certain number of villagers and knights (I think, its been 20 years) represented by little cardboard tiles. The dragon had three different tiles to represent his status: Asleep, Awake, and Enraged. Each mood had different ramifications to gameplay.

Thats all I remember, but I remember that I loved the game and am hoping I can find it again.

Please help!

-Kirk
soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Val
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Could it be by any chance "Dragonhunt"?

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/803

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/148321

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Emmer
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Dude! That's totally it! Thanks so much! And kind of an ironic title considering I was hunting for a dragon game! Ok, now the inner geek in me is truly exposed.

Thanks Monkeyrobot!!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Thorp
United States
Granite Falls
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"Come on! Come on! Come and get it, baby! Come on! I don't got all day! Come on! Come on! Come on you bastard! Come on, you too! Oh, you want some of this? "
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, it was coincidental, but that's okay. This is a pretty good AH game that is still fairly easy to find. Have fun, and welcome to BGG!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Val
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
To find it I just typed "dragon" on the search box. A list of games came up and I checked out anything from the 80s... From your description it looked like it could be it.

Welcome to BGG!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Lartigue
United States
Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have my glasses on at the moment, and in the linked image, I thought the body of water in the upper right was "Lake of the Month".

I want to join the Lake of the Month club!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.