Conan» Forums » General

Subject: Will campaign artbook be available after KS? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rafal Areinu
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not marked as KS exclusive, but it requires King pledge which pretty much is KS exclusive.

I want to get King pledge + Brom box + Ladies box, which will be pretty expensive. I want the minis and I'm pretty sure I will love the game... But I can't be 100% sure about my group. It would be much wiser for me to play out-of-the-box scenarios with my group before buying campaign book and/or tower expansion.

I expect expansion will be available post KS, but what about the campaign book?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Bolton
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
I believe it is KS exclusive, they just forgot to put a green banner on the image.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Hood
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadges by request, geekmail me for details!
mb
Yeah apparently it was a mistake and it is meant to be exclusive. Since it uses exclusive content from the King pledge, it's unlikely to have much of an audience at retail, although I think they did mention that there would be other campaigns available at retail (if you care more about extra gameplay than just owning that specific campaign).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Mackenzie
Denmark
Billund
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone is going to be pretty peeved they missed out on the KS exclusive content that doesn't explicitly shout out that its exclusive! I've added onto my pledge for the two minis that clearly state KS only.

'Requiring the King pledge to play' is very different from 'only available NOW'. I'd have left the campaign book until later otherwise, especially as I have the king pledge and feel I've reached my max pledge level already.

Now I have to reconsider if this needs to be purchased during the KS.

Could this be verified and changed on the KS page?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Hood
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadges by request, geekmail me for details!
mb
Epicurean wrote:
Could this be verified and changed on the KS page?!

Well I'm not sure why it hasn't been changed, but here's what Jamie said in response to the exclusivity question:

Quote:
- Due to the King pledge requirement, this book IS a KS exclusive (not sure why that didn’t appear). We have plans for other, Non-exclusive campaign expansions for retail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aditya C
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It would make no sense for the campaign book to be non-exclusive when it relies on a ton of exclusive features to be functional.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick S
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Maybe it is not marked exclusive because they plan on publishing it on their website and don't want to announce these plans because they may lose sales.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafal Areinu
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I think they did mention that there would be other campaigns available at retail (if you care more about extra gameplay than just owning that specific campaign).

There is no reason to want THIS campaign book over others, as no one knows if the scenarios in this one will be any good :-) But because it is now or never...

I think I'll drop Brom box, since it will be available at retail.

Thanks for answers, finding anything in comment threat on KS is crazy hard if one didn't follow discussion from day one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.