Twilight Imperium (Third Edition)» Forums » Variants

Subject: anyone made permissery notes based on race? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mikael mordai
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
i like the idea of the binding deals but i think they would Work better based on race(I THINK BURNING SUNS IS DOING SOMETHING SIMILER WITH ALIANCES)SO IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE THATS DONE THIS?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Baxter
Canada
Calgary
AB
flag msg tools
Supercalifragiliticexmealidocious
badge
Mars by 2050!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been working on it but it's still far away from even presentable, I just don't use promissory notes enough so there's not much drive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mikael mordai
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Could you show me what you got so far?..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Williams
United Kingdom
Beckenham, KENT
flag msg tools
mbmb
In the same vein has anyone created any additional promissory notes at all or have ideas for new versions. My group uses them quite a lot but some never get used (rg support of the throne) and a bit of variety would be good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin DeOlden
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
badge
3D board game prints: www.3dhubs.com/service/3dgaming
mbmbmbmbmb
A little grainy on the upload but you can still read them if viewed at original size

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
I think Promissory Notes are wasted potential in the rules as they currently exist. What Race specific ideas did you have in mind? This would be a really good idea and you've got me thinking.

For that it is worth, I've created a simple variant of the Politics strategy card called 'Imperial Forum' which does away with much (but not all) of the political card agenda process and instead focuses on electing players to force them to give you promissory notes. It's straightforward, tense, gets the PN's flowing and is truly 'political' in a way voting on random agendas never is. On multiple occasions now I have introduced this variant to my games without telling the others that it was my invention (so as not to spoil honest feedback). After every game, someone inevitably claims is was the best use of the Political strategy they have yet played. I'm seeking as much feedback as possible though. Search for it on the forums and tell me what you think!

edit: forgot to mention that we don't play with the 'Support for the Throne' promissory note when using the Imperial Forum political variant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mikael mordai
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Like for exp the yssaril could have one that allowed someone else to use their ability to see someone elses action cards or allow them to use their spies or assassins from leaders/reps...the emirates of hacan could have one that allowed someone to take all their TGs once...the embers could allow someone to get a discount on the war sun tech..each race would only have 3 cards and would be based on what that race have to offer like tech,TGs,war...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.