Popular Tags: [View All]
Eddie Mittelstedt
United States
Hampstead
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I brought out There's a Moose in the House from Gamewright for the first time tonight. I picked this up at the local Walmart several weeks ago and have been waiting for a good time for it to hit the table, er... floor. Shelby (9) and Sophia (7) and I sat down in a cicle. After briefly explaining the rules, they still weren't quite sure of the object of the game and I repeated "Just make sure you have the least amount of mooses in your house at the end of the game." This seemed to satisfy them and off we went.

In no time all three of us had a Moose in the House card played in front of us so were fair game for Moose cards played into our empty rooms! The girls caught on quickly to the mechanics and started laying empty rooms on me or their sister, and had no problem playing moose cards to match the empty rooms!

Early in the game I seemed to be a big target and quickly accumulated rooms, and mooses to fill them. I wasn't drawing any door cards, so could not close the doors to the rooms being layed out in my house, nor could I find Moose Traps in the deck to fend off unwanted moose guests!

Shelby closed any rooms that were played to her house quickly with doors, and at midgame seemed poised to be a good contender at winning. But towards the end game she got at least 3 more rooms in her house which were quickly filled with mooses by her sistem and I. devil

Sophia played a good game. She kept the number of empty rooms to a minimum until after mid-game when Shelby and I realized how empty her house was. But Sophia seemed to close everything that was laid in front of her before they were filled with a moose.

End Score, # of mooses in house:
Sophia 3
Daddy 3
Shelby 4

Sophia and I broke the tie by counting the number of closed doors in the house.

# Doors
Sophia 4
Daddy 2

Sophia won!

Prizes? Every fall I buy a big 3lb bag of Hershey's Miniature candy bars from BJ's and use them as prizes for the girls and games we play during Fall and Winter. Everybody gets a candy bar at the end of the game for playing, but the winner gets an extra one. So Sophia was a happy camper.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Glorioso
United States
Wexford
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My family likes to make fun of both my gaming addiction and competitive nature.
The only reason this game comes out is to give ole Dad a lesson in humility.
My family gangs up on me....yet teases me enough to make me believe I can sneak out a win....Never!
Oh well, losing and ridicule during gaming is better than no gaming.
Dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.