Hide
5 Posts

Targi» Forums » Rules

Subject: Difference between the latest editon and older edition? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kuro Kokon
msg tools
I just got the game yesterday and I found this thread when I was looking for some clarifications for rules.
http://boardgamegeek.com/article/13824181#13824181

My silversmith card says "Für 2 gold 4 Siegpunkte" but in the latest edition it's "2 golds for 5 VPs"?

If there is any other difference between the old edition and the latest one, please tell me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seisyll W.
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My second edition silversmith card is still 2 Gold for 4 VP.

But the big one I've noticed in the second edition is the card that reads "Put 1 gold from the bank onto this card. Later in the game, if you play a card that costs gold, use this gold." This reads much differently from Yucata - where you get the gold only AFTER paying for another card that requires a gold. In second edition, you can use the gold on the card immediately to pay for another card.

In some ways this is better: you don't need a second gold in order to get the gold on the card. However, you never obtain a tangible gold from this - say, to turn into 2 VP, if you wanted.

Another more subtle one, though: "If you pay 1 extra Goods of one the kinds required, you may play the card from your hand without using the Noble action." (Emphasis mine.) On Yucata, the good need not be of the same type used to pay for the card - it can be any good.

I would be interested to know if any card costs have changed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kuro Kokon
msg tools
seisyll wrote:
My second edition silversmith card is still 2 Gold for 4 VP.

But the big one I've noticed in the second edition is the card that reads "Put 1 gold from the bank onto this card. Later in the game, if you play a card that costs gold, use this gold." This reads much differently from Yucata - where you get the gold only AFTER paying for another card that requires a gold. In second edition, you can use the gold on the card immediately to pay for another card.

In some ways this is better: you don't need a second gold in order to get the gold on the card. However, you never obtain a tangible gold from this - say, to turn into 2 VP, if you wanted.

Another more subtle one, though: "If you pay 1 extra Goods of one the kinds required, you may play the card from your hand without using the Noble action." (Emphasis mine.) On Yucata, the good need not be of the same type used to pay for the card - it can be any good.

I would be interested to know if any card costs have changed.

My cards say exactly the same thing.
If that's the second edition, I guess my copy is also a second edition (I don't know how to identify it).
Now I'm thinking that the person who said "2 gold for 5 VPs" in his edition misunderstood the rules or not...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karsten
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kuro Kokon wrote:
If there is any other difference between the old edition and the latest one, please tell me.
One difference between the "German first edition" and the one dubbed "German first edition (w/ KedJ logo)" here (I'd call it a 2nd edition) is that VP markers used to be singles and in the more recent version they have a value: 6x 1VP, 5x 3VP and 4x 5VP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gentry
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
If a game is good enough, it will come back in print. -Vasels Law
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
are there any changes aesthetically? Excluding box art.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.