7 Posts

Twilight Imperium (Third Edition)» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Need advice on Nekrovirus' Asmodai rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nicolai Arildsen
msg tools
Hi,
fairly new to the forum although I've been following for a long time.

I know have a small request as I've played Nekrovirus for the last two games and have been lacking input as to put Asmodai (emmisary) to play.

Basically you choose a player and an outcome during the assembly and if you guess correct you copy a tech from that player.

It's easy to escape this as you can just choose another outcome if you don't wanna have the Nekrovirus copy a tech. Of course then you might forfeit the chance of getting something from the assembly but is that reaelly punishment enough?

Anyone have a good idea as to put this emmisary to the most use?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
It does largely depend on the vote, but the key is to find a player who has a strongly vested interest in the outcome, and lock onto him. If it's one he wants to have pass a certain way, and his vote could potentially swing the difference (or if those who vote a certain way get a benefit from the vote), he may be unlikely to change his mind just to spite you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Necessary Evil
United States
Glen Arm
Maryland
flag msg tools
Yes, I play the Bass.
badge
Sweet Holy Moses, Fruit F*cker Prime!
mbmbmbmbmb
You should be arraigning with players to get the vote you want above board.
Any other way is doing it wrong.

-M
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gagner
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know its not exactly thematic to play this way but, you could always pay people for tech with trade goods.

When choosing a player bride him to vote a certain way.
Or pay people to fly destroyers in to you during an activation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Pratt
United States
Snohomish
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Play upon the threat of the Nekro Virus. If players near you are embroiled in a conflict, offer to assist the player who will play ball with you and provide you with a tech boost via your emissary.

You could always offer promissory notes to the other player if they have a tech that you really want. That is one way of guaranteeing that they vote a particular way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Rigg
msg tools
mb
Also consider it a way to "peacefully" exchange tech with a neighbour. You can threaten them with an attack somewhere they're weak to claim the tech if they don't vote the way you want. You get a tech, they don't get attacked, everyone wins

It usually works best if it's a vote they don't care about or voting your preference helps them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Pratt
United States
Snohomish
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One other idea is to play reverse psychology. Pick the outcome that you don't want to occur. Many players will overreact and vote the other way to avoid you getting the goodies (effectively making this a tool to coerce a vote you want OR give you a consolation prize).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.