Chile
Puerto Montt
Chile
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1.- In the rules it appears this image with this note:

Quote:
The chieftain is on the bottom right hand corner (please show clearly). He can see the bottom right hand quarter: blue gets 3 penalty points, green and red 1 each.

Why blue gets 3 points? each surface of the same square give 1 point?
If the answer is yes, why the green get only 1 point if I can see the 2 faces of the same square?

In this other case...

How many points gets the Green player? 10 (2-7) or 6 (2, 4, 5 and 6)?

2.- The rules say:
Quote:
If the chieftain is moved into corner square, he views the corresponding quarter from above. Every player with coloured building blocks that the chieftain can see from above is given one penalty point per surface

Please check these pictures:

IMAGE A:

IMAGE B:

The green player probably gets more points from the Image B point of view? Or not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike N.
United States
Brunswick
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your pictures completely miss the point. He looks from ABOVE - as if he's in a helicopter above the palace - not from the the actual corner space.

In corners, you count the number of squares the chief sees in the quadrant from above.

Each square he can see in the quadrant - from above the construction only - is worth one point each, regardless of what level they are.

Take the same picture - from the TOP - and I can tell you how many points it will cost each color.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Aguila
Chile
Puerto Montt
Chile
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deleted User
msg tools
badge
Red 2, Blue 1, Green 1 from the lower right corner.

Glad to see you're playing with the burial grounds. They make a very good game into a great game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Aguila
Chile
Puerto Montt
Chile
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry...the last image was taken from BGG blush In our next game, my 4th game, I'll try this variant.
The fisst 3 plays we counted in the wrong way the corners. Like I put in a previous pictures. The corners were a terrible thing in that mistaken form.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Aguila
Chile
Puerto Montt
Chile
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thinking about this mistake, I thought that the chieftain could fly only in his corner (following the same pattern used in the others rows). I didn't realize that he needs to go to the zenith of the quadrant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.