Jeremy Likens
United States
Cornelius
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to the world of John!

Everyone here is named John. And we have many famous Johns in town today.

Please allow me to introduce the Johns:

First, we have the Walrus, John Lennon!

Second, we have famous actor and the cause of many a passed out woman, John Cusack!

Third, we have the one, the only, John F. Kennedy, the 35th President of the United States!

Fourth, we have the great comedian John Belushi!

Fifth, we have John Adams, the 2nd President of the United States and one of the key Founding Fathers!

Sixth, we have the infamous assasinator, John Wilkes Booth!

Seventh, we have one of the most famous authors of all time, the famous fantasy writer John Tolkien!

Eight we have another one of the most famous authors of all time, the classic novelist John Steinbeck!

Ninth, we have famous musician John Denver!

Tenth, we have the most famous cowboy who ever lived, John Wayne!

Eleventh, we have one of the most famous musicians and with one the longest active careers in the business, John Francis Bongiovi

Twelfth, we have the actor you and all of the world knows, John Travolta!

Thirteenth, straight from Roseanne, we have John Goodman!

Fourteenth, straight out of Madden '07, we have the man himself, John Madden!

Fifteenth we have the famous Captain, Colonist, and Pocahontas lover, John Smith!

Sixteenth, we have one of the most famous philosophers to have walked on this planet, all the way from the 17th century, John Locke!

Seventeenth, we have a man who has far too many famous books and movies he is renowned for to pick just one, John Grisham!

Eighteenth, we have "The March King" himself, John Philip Sousa!

Nineteenth, we have the man who founded the Deere company, a blacksmith and manufacturer from the 1800s, John Deere!

Twentieth, we have the famous dummer and dead star of the song "Dear John", John Panozzo!

Link to the Sign-up thread: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/125313

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Likens
United States
Cornelius
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Player List
The Johns

John Adams - Genghis
John Belushi - Gregarius - Villager
John Francis Bongiovi - BuffaloSpyNovel - Villager
John Wilkes Booth - PolkaDotSox
John Cusak - Xandryyte
John Deere - Whirlinghurly
John Denver - JCWid - Wolf Cub
John Goodman - Luge - Villager
John Grisham - Kimapesan
John F. Kennedy - Beowulf
John Lennon - Kuchick
John Locke - Riot - Cobbler Mason
John Madden - foo55 - Wolf
John Panozzo - Anarchy
John Philip Sousa - Esuh (Originally Lukie)
John Smith - Krisitefix (Originally Mingus)
John Stinebeck - Adiamant
John RR Tolkien - GrimJester - Villager
John Travolta - Belash
John Wayne - nyriv

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Likens
United States
Cornelius
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Important Info/Updates
All votes must be made for a John.

If Royalflush were John Lennon then vote Royalflush would be invalid. vote John Lennon would be accepted. (Brackets aren't necesary as this will all be done by hand)

Anyone who wants to keep an unofficial vote tally while the mod is at work is more than welcome to!

All references by mod will be to Johns.

You are encouraged to find an avatar of your John!

Deadlines

Lynch - 8pm
Night Orders - 2am

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Likens
United States
Cornelius
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
News Bulletin Area
Roles in Game

Good

1 Seer - There is one Seer in the game and he is on the villagers team. Each night the Seer may choose one other player to view by sending a PM to the moderator with that player's name. The moderator will tell the Seer whether his chosen target is a werewolf or a human.

1 Latent Seer - There is one Latent Seer in the game. He is good. The latent seer has no powers while the Seer is alive. When the Seer dies the Latent Seer will gain all powers that the Seer has but will not recieve the Seer's old views.

1 Hunter - There is one Hunter in the game and he is on the villagers team. If at the end of the game the Hunter is alone with one wolf then he will kill that wolf and what would normally have been a wolf win will be a village win. The Hunter will be revealed as a villager if lynched/killed.

1 Bodyguard - There will be one bodyguard in this game. The bodyguard is good. The bodyguard picks a target each night. If that target is also the target for the night kill, then the bodyguard loses his power and the player targeted does not die. The bodyguard may not target the same player twice in a row.

1 Vigilante - Each night the Vigilante will send in the name of a player they will take with them if they die during the night. If the vigilante dies during the day, they will send in a name that night for who will die.

9 Villagers - The villagers have no special abilities other than their own deductive ability. They will have to vote wisely to win the game.

Evil

2 Werewolves - There are 2 Werewolves in the game. The werewolves know who each other are and may send PMs between themselves to discuss strategy. At night the wolves PM the moderator the name of the player they'd like to eat. In the morning that player's death will be announced along with his special role.

CC all PMs to me.

1 Wolf Cub - There is one Wolf Cub in the game. He is evil. The Wolf Cub has no powers until a Wolf dies. Then he becomes a full Wolf and gains PM rights with remaining Wolf. The Wolf Cub will not know who the Wolves are, but the Wolves will know who the Wolf Cub is.

1 Sorcerer - There is one sorcerer in the game and he is on the wolves team. The Sorcerer is an evil human and wants the wolves to win. If the wolves do win then the Sorcerer wins also, but if the villagers win then the Sorcerer loses. However, the Sorcerer does not know who the wolves are and the wolves do not know the Sorcerer. Crucially, the Sorcerer will appear as a simple human if viewed by the Seer

2 Mason Cobblers - There will be 2 Mason Cobblers in the Game. They win with Evil. The Mason Cobbler do not know who the wolves or the sorcerer are, but they do know the identities of each other. They have unlimited PMs with each other.

CC all PMs to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terri K
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Good golly people... my username has a lower case x!!
badge
Females play board games too!!! ;)
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: John (The Game) - Night 0 - NO POSTING YET
But I wanna post!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Likens
United States
Cornelius
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Daybreak!
[Dawn]

It is Day 1.

You may start voting for other Johns.

Make sure you to sport your John Avatar!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Likens
United States
Cornelius
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: John (The Game) - Day 1 - Lynch @ 8pm - Thursday
All roles have been sent out. The views have also been sent otu (which were random non-target views).

If you didn't get your role (and/or view for Sorcerer and Seer) then please PM me ASAP.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greig
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Always believe
badge
I went out there in search of experience, to taste and to touch and to feel as much, as a man can before he repents...
mbmbmbmbmb
Ooooo weee! I'll be stayin' alive as a villager!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RIOT
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When I first saw I'm John Locke, I thought, "Sweet, I love Lost!" Then I read that I'm actually a famous philosopher... blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danielle Anner
United States
Orchard Park
New York
flag msg tools
badge
“A sense of humor...is superior to any religion so far devised.” ― Tom Robbins
mbmbmbmbmb
Good Morning everyone.. I'm a goodie.

And obviously I rock. I just can't wait to start talking in Bon Jovi song titles and lyrics..

cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmmm. RoyalFlush seems to have assigned me "rules lawyer" as my role... how interesting! I see lots of familiar faces here, as usual. One in particular I've never seen before, welcome riot!

Anyway. I was serious in the sign-up thread. You wolves had best not kill me on night 1. I swear, if you do, I'll find a way to make your lives miserable in every other game you're in!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danielle Anner
United States
Orchard Park
New York
flag msg tools
badge
“A sense of humor...is superior to any religion so far devised.” ― Tom Robbins
mbmbmbmbmb
kimapesan wrote:
Hmmmm. RoyalFlush seems to have assigned me "rules lawyer" as my role... how interesting! I see lots of familiar faces here, as usual. One in particular I've never seen before, welcome riot!

Anyway. I was serious in the sign-up thread. You wolves had best not kill me on night 1. I swear, if you do, I'll find a way to make your lives miserable in every other game you're in!

Idle, lawyeristic threats. Next he'll be talking about suing. For all we know, you could be Living In Sin and wanting to kill everyone. We'll see on D3 I suppose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
buffalospynovel wrote:
kimapesan wrote:

Idle, lawyeristic threats. Next he'll be talking about suing. For all we know, you could be Living In Sin and wanting to kill everyone. We'll see on D3 I suppose.

There will be A Time to Kill for you too, my dear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, this needs to stop RIGHT NOW. I don't want to hear anymore of these namby-pamby song/book title quotes. Just stop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asher D.
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope we can find the wolves quickly, so the grapes of my wrath can fall upon them and flatten them like a tortilla.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JC
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
John Denver, I'm John Denver?? That's a little lame.

Oh well, better put down my guitar cos I already know how to sing. Need to put more hours flying. We don't want any accidents do we?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
adiamant wrote:
I hope we can find the wolves quickly, so the grapes of my wrath can fall upon them and flatten them like a tortilla.

What did I just say!?!?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
How tall is justice?
Canada
Georgetown
Ontario
flag msg tools
Who IS this masked man? And WHY has he never been photographed together with 6 year old millionaire playboy Calvin?
badge
I see a world that's tired and scared of living on the edge too long.
mbmbmbmbmb
Forsoothe... it seems that after all that trouble with the British and whatnot, we have werewolves in our midst. I am saddened to see no familiar faces nearby. George, Thomas... oh how we could use your leadership in these harrowing times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JC
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I need to find John Travolta> I really hope he can give me lessons in flying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JC
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lynch is 8pm Yippee!!!! That means 11am here, I'm awake, good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JC
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for posting a lot. But even know John Denver sings slow relaxing songs he actually speaks quite quickly in bursts. Will try to emulate him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JC
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And definitely must emulate John Cusack in looks..... hubba..hubba...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RIOT
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I'm going to vote John Wilkes Booth because he killed a US president and the US based some of its government from my political philosophies.

And before anyone fusses, someone had to start...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asher D.
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gregarius wrote:
adiamant wrote:

What did I just say!?!?

blush
Sorry, crossposeted zombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RIOT
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also I'd like to state based on my previous post that John Adams and I will be getting along just fine. How goes that new country, by the way?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [14] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.