Hide
11 Posts

DC Comics Deck-Building Game: Forever Evil» Forums » Rules

Subject: Deathstorm and Constatine? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob miller
msg tools
When destroyed with Constantine how many vp's do I get for Deathstorm?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Yamaguchi
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The printed VP value.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Goertz
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
NA NA NA NA . . .
mbmbmbmbmb
I would have to say 10. For the * VP condition, it only give you a VP reduction at the end of the game. Since you are not keeping the card till the end the VP value while in play is 10.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Galietta III
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Which constantine? I may be missing it, but I don't know of a constantine that gives you VPs for destroying things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Yamaguchi
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Stryyder wrote:
Which constantine? I may be missing it, but I don't know of a constantine that gives you VPs for destroying things.

The Forever Evil Super Hero does it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Galietta III
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AH! That explains it.

So does it have any clause that says "*=_"? Otherwise, I'd say Deathstorm's value is 0. Doesn't he say "At the end of the game Deathstorm is worth 10-x....."? Since it isn't end of the game, he has no VP value.

However, to go by precedent, similar cards have stated "*=3" (locations in Naruto DBG), I'd go by that until told differently.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JP Sail
msg tools
Stryyder wrote:
AH! That explains it.

So does it have any clause that says "*=_"? Otherwise, I'd say Deathstorm's value is 0. Doesn't he say "At the end of the game Deathstorm is worth 10-x....."? Since it isn't end of the game, he has no VP value.

However, to go by precedent, similar cards have stated "*=3" (locations in Naruto DBG), I'd go by that until told differently.

I disagree. Deathstorm says "at the end of the game, Deathstorm is work 1 less VP for each card in excess of 30 in your deck." Since it isn't the end of the game, he has the PRINTED value of 10*. 10* and just * are very different, my group has reasoned that you gain the printed 10 VPs.

The *=3 precedent has also been set vaguely in DCDBG as per the new Crisis Batgirl card in the Crisis 2 expansion coming out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hyra
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Deathstorm does not have * VPs.
He has 10, but with a *.
Therefore, he is not grouped with the (*=3) crowd.
He has 10 until end of game, when that can change.

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Galietta III
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's what happens when I try to think without the cards in front of me, lol. Good to know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Yamaguchi
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Clearly you should get 1000 VP. (10^3).

[This is a joke and not a ruling.]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It sure would suck to have Deathstorm or Phantom Stranger in hand with an impossible mode Lex Luthor first appearance attack!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.