Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robin Miller
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After digging this game out of the garage and playing it (I think for the first time ever since buying it in .. '92?), had a few niggling issues with the rulebook/game design.
The chambers on the board labelled "Xth Level Treasure Chamber," I couldn't find anything in the rules stating if you literally gain treasure here, just that no chambers ever contain treasure. And there are only enough treasure cards for each normal room on a given level. Just seems odd.
I also couldn't find anything specific about how the game actually ends, does it end the instant one player reaches his win condition or is there something additional like making it out of the dungeon?
It's possible I just kept skimming past these things in the book, but I appreciate any help or insight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ExMortis wrote:
The chambers on the board labelled "Xth Level Treasure Chamber," I couldn't find anything in the rules stating if you literally gain treasure here, just that no chambers ever contain treasure.

Right, the "King's Treasure Room" etc. don't actually contain treasure, only an unlimited supply of monsters.

ExMortis wrote:
I also couldn't find anything specific about how the game actually ends, does it end the instant one player reaches his win condition or is there something additional like making it out of the dungeon?

You might see whether the rules someone has uploaded here are more recent/less confusing than the ones which came with your copy; they say at the bottom of p. 4, "The winner is the first player to return to Start, the Main Staircase, with enough treasure for his or her adventurer to win."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.