• [+] Dice rolls
Wilhelm Fitzpatrick
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone who ordered this from Paizo received it? My order with them still shows as "pending".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Harbin
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I ordered mine on Oct.15th. One month later, I am still waiting.Fifteen days after ordering I wrote them asking about my order status.They said the boat would be arriving any day now.Twenty-Three days after placing my order I wrote them again.They said the boat takes 3-4 weeks,they didn't know when it would get there,no way to find out,shipping company says any day now,ship is in L.A.,will be at warehouse in 10 days-blah,blah,blah.See the paizo messageboards-DND Boardgamebundle-23 Days and Counting and DnD Game Bundle threads in Customer Service for all the info they have given out.I'll consider myself lucky if I see this before Christmas.Should have bought it at Origins when I had the chance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Khoury
United States
White Oak
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Snigwiddle wrote:
I ordered mine on Oct.15th. One month later, I am still waiting.Fifteen days after ordering I wrote them asking about my order status.They said the boat would be arriving any day now.Twenty-Three days after placing my order I wrote them again.They said the boat takes 3-4 weeks,they didn't know when it would get there,no way to find out,shipping company says any day now,ship is in L.A.,will be at warehouse in 10 days-blah,blah,blah.See the paizo messageboards-DND Boardgamebundle-23 Days and Counting and DnD Game Bundle threads in Customer Service for all the info they have given out.I'll consider myself lucky if I see this before Christmas.Should have bought it at Origins when I had the chance.

Actually, I found the information from Paizo VERY helpful. When I ordered, the item was listed as BACKORDERED. At that time, there was an announcement under the "News" section that said that they'd sold through their initial batch MUCH faster than anticipated (they thought it would last past x-mas) and that they had ordered all the remaining copies and were expecting them sometime in November. Well, it's November, they let us know, as soon as they knew, that the ship had arrived in LA. (Remember, it's not THEIR ship, they're just one customer being served by a massive container ship.) So now they're telling us ten days until they receive them, then they'll start shipping them out. They were also nice enough to reassure us that there was a copy for every one who had ordered, and a few extra to boot!

What's the problem? Where along the line were you deceived or misled? As far as I'm concerned, they've kept me more filled in on the whereabouts of my order than ANY back-ordered item I've ever purchased, not to mention also more information than most pre-order games give out. [For example: look at the FFG product release dates and just TRY to believe that ANY of those games are going to hit their scheduled release. The Arkham Horror Dunwich expansion has been pushed back on a "next month" promise for, what, eight months?]

It looks like a good game, we're all sitting on our hands waiting for it. I know it can be frustrating. I'm just glad Paizo made the move to import this title, or else I'd NEVER have gotten it, by Christmas or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Harbin
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I am very glad that you found the information helpful.That was the intent of my post.When I ordered the game it was still listed as shipping from the warehouse in 1-3 days.It was not on backorder at all.When they came up with the bundle idea, it was still not listed as being backordered.I ordered this game,thinking, because of the information I received from their site,I would receive it in a quicker time period.I was expressing my disappointment.I was not slamming paizo or implying that I was deceived or misled in any way.Nowhere in my post did I claim this.My blah-blah-blah comment was due to the fact that I did not want to keep typing all the relevant information already listed in the messages posted on their boards, that anybody looking for could have easily found themselves.I then directed any interested reader to the threads.If you read any of those posts,I was polite, and thanked them for their hard work.My comment on being lucky about receiving it before Christmas was based on the demand for this game and the massive undertaking that is entailed with global shipping,hence my comment on wishing I would have bought the game when I had it in my sweaty little hands.I thought I was answering your question.Where's the problem?You tell me.I did not think my post was in any way derogatory, I thought I was helping you out by relating my own experiences.I'm sorry if I loathe "Smileys" and did not cleverly pepper them throughout my post.I guess I need to become a better wordsmith so that my words aren't taken as an affront to you and to paizo and the world in general.Oh, so that you know I am not in any way out to hurt you, or paizo, here it is.
Yuck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wilhelm Fitzpatrick
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to everyone who added information here for those of us not familiar with the Paizo forums. I've got no problems waiting for the back order to fill, just wanted to know what was going on!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hilary Hartman
United States
GLENNALLEN
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
Just your friendly, neighborhood game player and superhero!
mbmbmbmbmb
A little follow-up...

I started the thread under the "Hot Deals" forum here on BGG about this deal on 10/19. I have been updating it whenever I learn anything about the bundle arriving, being shipped, whatever.

You can see it here:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/131134

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.