Subject: Heresy change rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Tholén
Sweden
Norsborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For the heresy change token; exactly what can it change? It says it changes the receiver of an effect from one engineer to another. But of the 15 circle effects I can only find three that effects other players than yourself; the obvious Thievery and Lust, plus Gluttony that effects several other players. Is it only for these two/three effects that heresy change is useful? Can I also change the effect of for instance Soul Catcher to not give a catcher to the current player but instead to me? And what about Gluttony? Can I change who the current player should take cards from? Only for one card or for the whole Gluttony session?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Droscha
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Thomas,

The intent of the "Change Circle Effect" Heresy Token in question is to change the player chosen as the target of an effect. As you stated, this applies to Thievery, Lust and Gluttony.

When you play this Heresy Token, you may select any different target player(s) for the entire effect. So, in the case of Gluttony, as the glutton draws each card, you would choose the hand from which to draw.

Note that you may choose any player but the one using the circle effect. For example, if Lust is being used, you can choose a new target player that does not currently hold any cards.

For Thievery, you choose the new target player, but the thief still chooses which car loaded by that player to target.

Please note that these are the opinions of the designer only; any related information released by the publisher supersedes this.

--James

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Tholén
Sweden
Norsborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot!
(And appologies for the awful spelling of the original post, changed that now.)

jdroscha wrote:
Please note that these are the opinions of the designer only; any related information released by the publisher supersedes this.

Hmm, I think the designer has the final word when it comes to me. Thanks again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.