Popular Tags: [View All]
Björn Hansson
Sweden
Bromma
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Is Tunisia suitable for team play? How do you divide the troops when playing 2 axis vs 2 Allies?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan McKinney
United States
El Segundo
California
flag msg tools
badge
I feel that the early game in Tunisia is not well-suited for team play. There are too few units in too small an area. Both sides build up dramatically, but even then it just doesn't feel right.

Things change when the Afrika Korps (OK, PzAA) shows up, and then the 8th Army. Then you have two fairly separate fronts.

A late campaign start might be best for 2 v 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Vrabel
United Kingdom
Cambridge
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I don't think you could divide the four ways sensibly. The two sides start off with about 20 units each, and though they build up quickly, you never get very many.

It might work as a 3 player (2 Alllies versus 1 Axis) when the Afrika Korps show up, but that's not for a while in the full campaign game.

If you're looking for a OCS game to team play, you'd probably have to go with one of the large East Front games, probably Enemy At The Gates, though, since I haven't played it, I can't be sure. But it should be large enough. (And if Guderian's Blitzkrieg isn't large enough for 4, almost nothing is.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.