Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
90 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 

BattleCON: Devastation of Indines» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: BattleCON League 3: Round 2, Match 11: kurisenshi (Welsie) vs Corphus (Vanaah) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sascha Parsa
Germany
flag msg tools
It's better
badge
if you can do without
mbmbmb
Here are the character selections!

kurisenshi
Welsie
Karin & Jager
Baenvier

Corphus
Vanaah
Byron
Demitras

Welsie and Vanaah are facing off! Send in your starting setup.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Viddal
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
Lord Eustace
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: BattleCON League 3: Round 2, Match 11: kurisenshi vs Corphus
Character selection submitted. Good luck kurisenshi and thanks for modding, Phyr!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Rosenquist
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good luck to you too, Corphus! I'm looking forward to our match, and think I know who I want to play as, but am not quite 100% sure yet. I will decide and submit today, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Rosenquist
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, character selection submitted.

And Corphus, I'm nervous...and we haven't even started yet! LOL

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sascha Parsa
Germany
flag msg tools
It's better
badge
if you can do without
mbmbmb
The combatants are set. Send in your starting discards and choice of ODF.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Viddal
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
Lord Eustace
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, this is going to be fun! I've never played against Welsie, not even her earlier playtest versions.

I'll have my discards and finisher in later today after I get more familiar with Welsie's cards and effects.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Rosenquist
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, she's a brainful, that's for sure. I haven't played with her or tested either, so I'm sure I'll be thinking hard at every move I make this match. I won't be able to get my selections in until late tonight. I'm at work, and then am likely going out afterwards. But I'll definitely get them in. Then I'm gonna go to Kinko's and print her cards out. I need something in my hands to look at if I'm gonna do this much thinking and reading every beat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Viddal
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
Lord Eustace
mbmbmbmbmb
kurisenshi wrote:
I need something in my hands to look at if I'm gonna do this much thinking and reading every beat.

Same here. I like to have both fighter's kits in front of me and the match in progress laid out on a playmat when I'm playing PbF, especially when some of the more complicated characters are involved.

And looking at Welsie's UA I agree that we're both going to be burning some brain cells this game! laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Rosenquist
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Opening stuff sent!

Man, even coming up with my opening discards took a lot of thinking! This is going to be a fun match!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sascha Parsa
Germany
flag msg tools
It's better
badge
if you can do without
mbmbmb
Starting Setup

ooWoVoo

Welsie - 20 life
Discard 1: Discordant Burst 1RC
Discard 2: Temporal Arc
ODF: Grand Tapestry

Vanaah - 20 life - Divine Rush
Discard 1: Vengeance Shot
Discard 2: Paladin Strike
ODF: Death Walks

Send in beat 1 attack pairs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Rosenquist
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I won't be able to send in my pair until tonight. I have a busy day and need to go print out Welsie's cards. But I have a couple of questions:

1. Who has the 1st ante in our match? Or is that decided randomly during the ante phase?

2. Vanaah's Reaping style: since I don't have tokens, does that mean she'll always get her Divine Rush token back if she hits me with that style?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sascha Parsa
Germany
flag msg tools
It's better
badge
if you can do without
mbmbmb
1. Who antes first? 1custom2{Welsie;Vanaah} -> ( Vanaah) -> ( Vanaah)

2. Correct, Reaping makes her regain her token.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 660277. Phyr
  • 1custom2{Welsie;Vanaah} =
  • ( Vanaah) =
  • ( Vanaah)
  • Who antes first?
  • Sun Feb 1, 2015 4:27 pm
Jason Viddal
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
Lord Eustace
mbmbmbmbmb
I've submitted my first attack and my ante (since I ante first).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Rosenquist
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK. Attack Pair sent

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sascha Parsa
Germany
flag msg tools
It's better
badge
if you can do without
mbmbmb
I have both attack pairs.
Vanaah passes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Rosenquist
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK. I'll pass as well. Also, reading carefully I don't think Temporal Arc can have a Recursor Counter on it, actually. I didn't realize that until AFTER I sent you my opening discards, though. Oh well. And also, I don't think you added the counter to the opening setup until after Corphus sent in his attack (I don't recall seeing it until now), so I doubt it "officially" changes things for this Beat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sascha Parsa
Germany
flag msg tools
It's better
badge
if you can do without
mbmbmb
A very strict reading would let Temporal start with a Recursor Counter as they are not placed there (they start there). But as the intention is to not have a spamable attack with Stun Immunity, we'll remove the counter from there and are happy to move on.

I didn't add them until recently, but it's part of Welsie's setup and I'm sure that Corphus familiarized himself with her UA and was aware of them being there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sascha Parsa
Germany
flag msg tools
It's better
badge
if you can do without
mbmbmb
Beat 1

ooWoVoo

Welsie - 20 life
Discard 1: Discordant Burst 1RC
Discard 2: Temporal Arc

Vanaah - 20 life - Divine Rush
Discard 1: Vengeance Shot
Discard 2: Paladin Strike

Welsie
Quandary Grasp
Quandary Shot
Range: 2~6
Power: 2
Priority: 5

Stun Guard 2
On Hit: Discard up to 4 from your discard piles or this attack pair for +1 Power each.
End of Beat: Add one Recursor Counter to the discard pile of your choice.

Vanaah
Judgment Dash
Judgment Scythe
Range: 2~3
Power: 4
Priority: 2

Stun Guard 3
The nearest opponent cannot move past you or retreat during this beat.
Before Activating: Advance 1 space.
On Hit: Pull the opponent up to 1 space.

ANTE

REVEAL
CLASH! Quandary Grasp vs Judgment Dash
Welsie wins priority.

START OF BEAT

ACTIVE PLAYER
Welsie hits and puts a Recursor Counter on her attack pair.
She discards the Recursor Counters on her attack pair and discard pile 1 for +2 Power. She then deals 4 damage to Vanaah, stunning her.

REACTIVE PLAYER
Vanaah is stunned.

END OF BEAT
Welsie places a Recusor Counter into her discard pile 1.

ooWoVoo

Welsie - 20 life
Discard 1: Quandary Shot
Discard 2: Discordant Burst 1RC

Vanaah - 16 life - Divine Rush
Discard 1: Judgment Scythe
Discard 2: Vengeance Shot

Send in beat 2 attack pairs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Rosenquist
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Phyr wrote:
A very strict reading would let Temporal start with a Recursor Counter as they are not placed there (they start there). But as the intention is to not have a spamable attack with Stun Immunity, we'll remove the counter from there and are happy to move on.

I didn't add them until recently, but it's part of Welsie's setup and I'm sure that Corphus familiarized himself with her UA and was aware of them being there.

Good point. Yep, you are definitely the wording rules guru.

New Base sent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sascha Parsa
Germany
flag msg tools
It's better
badge
if you can do without
mbmbmb
Decision to Welsie.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Rosenquist
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On Hit, I will 1st gain a Recursor on my attack. Then I'll discard it and the Recursor on my D1 to give my attack +2 Power. Then I'll do 4 damage to Vanaah, stunning her.

Questions:
1. "Discarding" my Rescursors just mean they go back to my token pool, right?
2. Quandary's EOB effect lets me add a Recursor to any Discard Pile. Does that give me the option after I recycle or before? If before, I can really only place it on my D1 unless I want it to just return to my token pool at the point of Recycle. If after, I can choose to have it on my current attack after Recycle or my D2 (after Recycle).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Yes.

2. End of Beat takes place before Recycle, so you can only really place it on D1 with a literal reading of the rules unless you want to "waste" it and let it go back to your pool via D2. Not sure if that was intended though. I find Quandary's changes to be strange from what the playtest card said. Her Decision Cards do not fully apply anymore unless I am missing something here. How can she not have 1 style and 1 base in her Discard Piles now other than a Cancel? The old Quandary made this possible, but the wiki is showing that the EoB was changed to no longer allowing for single cards to be picked up and placed into your hand. I can see her being a headache in some matches...

Maybe Brad can shed some light on these impending Welsie questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Rosenquist
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dorktron2000 wrote:
1. Yes.

2. End of Beat takes place before Recycle, so you can only really place it on D1 with a literal reading of the rules unless you want to "waste" it and let it go back to your pool. Not sure if that was intended though. I find Quandary's changes to be strange from what the playtest card said. Her Decision Cards do not fully apply anymore unless I am missing something here. How can she not have 1 style and 1 base in her Discard Piles now other than a Cancel? The old Quandary made this possible, but the wiki is showing that the EoB was changed to no longer allowing for single cards to be picked up and placed into your hand. I can see her being a headache in some matches...

Lixis can mess her up, too, but yeah, looking at the newest revision, I think she still needed some tweaking. Brad did answer in a War thread I think that text changes could still happen before the final proof is approved. Maybe someone can message him about Welsie to get some clarification? Here we are still on our 1st Beat and we've already come up with 2 non-definitively answered questions!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Viddal
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
Lord Eustace
mbmbmbmbmb
kurisenshi wrote:
On Hit, I will 1st gain a Recursor on my attack. Then I'll discard it and the Recursor on my D1 to give my attack +2 Power. Then I'll do 4 damage to Vanaah, stunning her.

Questions:
1. "Discarding" my Rescursors just mean they go back to my token pool, right?
2. Quandary's EOB effect lets me add a Recursor to any Discard Pile. Does that give me the option after I recycle or before? If before, I can really only place it on my D1 unless I want it to just return to my token pool at the point of Recycle. If after, I can choose to have it on my current attack after Recycle or my D2 (after Recycle).

1. I'm also curious about the wording "When she fails to hit with an attack, she loses all Recursor Counters on that pair". Does "lose" here refer to permanent counter loss, or is it supposed to be synonomous with "discard"?

2. The rulebook states that EoB effects happen before you recycle your attack pairs, so I believe you are stuck putting the counter on Discordant Burst.

Edit: Ninja'd by dorktron!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sascha Parsa
Germany
flag msg tools
It's better
badge
if you can do without
mbmbmb
Maybe they just didn't notice that there is no merit in putting a RC into the discard pile 2.
Anyway, beat is finalized. Send in beat 2 attacks.

Also the limitation to discard pile with exactly 1 base and 1 style is to handle all cases where this isn't the case (Cancel, Lixis, Iaxus, Oriana, Baenvier, ... dunno if I am missing more).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.