Subject: Storage Solutions? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brandon Guthrie
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just picked this up and it looks pretty great, can't wait to play it. However, I'm a little bummed that what appears to be the in-box card trough, really isn't one. It is slightly too narrow to hold the cards once sleeved, and you can't stack them vertically or else the lid can't close. The box is too shallow. Has anyone come up with creative storage solutions for this game's components?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Glory to Rome!
badge
"Let each man pass his days in that wherein his skill is greatest" Propertius Sextus
mbmbmbmbmb
I have this and the expansion in the box, along with the expansion box, all sleeved. I have 4 tuck boxes that hold all the cards. Everything fits snugly and the lid closes flush.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff T
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just stick all the cards in a couple ultra-pro plastic deck boxes. They fit in the original box with the components just fine. It's not fancy, but it gets the job done. The box is too small for upright cards and dividers, and you always use all the cards anyway, so I don't see a reason to do something more complicated like you would for Dominion or Lord of the Rings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Guthrie
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, perfect! I hadn't thought of this. Yes, I was assuming I'd use the small area for cards, but multiple small deck boxes in the large area makes total sense. Thanks!

Edit: Question. Are those deck boxes 80 or 100 card sized? I want to make sure the ones I order fit aren't too big to close the lid.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Glory to Rome!
badge
"Let each man pass his days in that wherein his skill is greatest" Propertius Sextus
mbmbmbmbmb
BlessAndDestroy wrote:
Ah, perfect! I hadn't thought of this. Yes, I was assuming I'd use the small area for cards, but multiple small deck boxes in the large area makes total sense. Thanks!

Edit: Question. Are those deck boxes 80 or 100 card sized? I want to make sure the ones I order fit aren't too big to close the lid.

The tuck boxes are what came with the Ultra Pro's back in the '90s blush. About 65 cards fit in each box (60 cards was the legal size of Star Wars Customizable Card Game decks). It is possible 80 card boxes might fit, but it would be really close.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dezza
Australia
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine fit in the box when sleeved. I put them in horizontally and have them at an 80 degree angle or so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Contig
United States
flag msg tools
(this is not a hint)
badge
(this is still the old picture and I am too lazy to update it)
mbmbmbmbmb
dezza wrote:
Mine fit in the box when sleeved. I put them in horizontally and have them at an 80 degree angle or so.

This is basically what I have as well. It's pretty easy to make.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Childers
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have two Ultra-Pro "pro-sized" deck boxes and one regular sized. The planets and scenarios fit in the regular box. The role cards fit in one of the pro boxes, and the techs and politics fit in the other. Each type of cards has a cardstock planet or fleet tech or start player in between. These three boxes fit on their side in the base game box, with room for the role cards mat and bits in baggies on the other side. Rule sheet fits over all of them. The base box is a bit thicker than normal from the pro-sized deck boxes but that's it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leron T
United States
Beaverton
OR
flag msg tools
mbmb
BlessAndDestroy wrote:
...the in-box card trough, really isn't one. It is slightly too narrow to hold the cards once sleeved, and you can't stack them vertically or else the lid can't close. The box is too shallow.

No joke, I took a pair of pliers and compressed the divider as much as possible to make sure it would accommodate the sleeved cards, then I put in a piece of cardboard bent into a triangle to hold all the cards at an angle so they limbo beneath the lid line of the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.