United States
pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nate, would it be ok to enter Diatomica in the contest?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
dumarest123 wrote:
Nate, would it be ok to enter Diatomica in the contest?

Remind me when you first posted about it? I'm uncomfortable allowing anything that was able to receive online feedback prior to 1 January.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
todd sanders
United States
pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i first posted an image on 11.24.14 but i haven't spoken about any mechanics or strategy until january
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
dumarest123 wrote:
i first posted an image on 11.24.14 but i haven't spoken abut any mechanics or strategy until january

That's fine. Feedback on artwork doesn't give you an unfair advantage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
todd sanders
United States
pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Nate. I'll start a WIP thread this week, tracing what i've done to date
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessey
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
For the King!
badge
I bend all elements!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been thinking about what I want to do for this contest. I have some ideas bouncing around, not sure which to latch onto. The current plan is to build the foundation for a larger project. A worker placement game where you, before the game, can build your 'team' of workers (sort of like how you build armies in a war game or build decks in a CCG/LCG).

Tentative theme is the Bionic universe (I need to finish a game for that setting... like properly finish) - like Deus Ex or Shadowrun with a dash of Pulp Action. You are rival "Runner" teams competing to complete a high profile job, but before you can make the run you'll need to gather equipment, complete side-jobs to get resources and gather intelligence on the primary target.

That's the tentative plan anyway. Just saying something here because I'm not ready for a WIP, I benefit from brainstorming out loud and, sometimes you awesome folks give just the right prodding to make me do something

Also, SUPER happy this contest is back this year
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the steep cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
And I should get mine cleared with you too Nate - since I posted my thread Dec 16, 2014.

However, I didn't really get into the rules until Jan 4th, and no one commented on the game until Jan 26th (which is when I posted the majority of my updates.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Misenheimer
United States
Portville
New York
flag msg tools
I began a submission last year but had to withdraw for medical reasons. Can I submit the same although modified design this year as I plan to see it through to the conclusion of the project. It was called Clash City if that helps jog the memory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
adularia25 wrote:
And I should get mine cleared with you too Nate - since I posted my thread Dec 16, 2014.

However, I didn't really get into the rules until Jan 4th, and no one commented on the game until Jan 26th (which is when I posted the majority of my updates.)

You're good, Caroline. thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
grdmonkey wrote:
I began a submission last year but had to withdraw for medical reasons. Can I submit the same although modified design this year as I plan to see it through to the conclusion of the project. It was called Clash City if that helps jog the memory.

Hrm...

On the one hand, I don't want to give your game an unfair advantage; you received feedback last year that gives you a jump on your competitors. On the other hand, I want to encourage you to finish an awesome game, because who doesn't love awesome games?

What if we made the game ineligible for the grand prize? You can still submit it and compete for some of the side categories, as an incentive to complete the game.

Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fin coe
United States
Chicago
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I personally think that finishing a game design is one of the hardest part of participating in these contests, so my feeling is to fully incentivize all entries. I know that folks have re-entered the Solitaire contest with projects they couldn't get together in time for previous contests.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Misenheimer
United States
Portville
New York
flag msg tools
Sounds good too me whatever you guys decide is fine by me. If I'm not eligible for the grand prize then so be it. I'll let the organizers decide. I just want feedback and playtesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Misenheimer
United States
Portville
New York
flag msg tools
Sounds good too me whatever you guys decide is fine by me. If I'm not eligible for the grand prize then so be it. I'll let the organizers decide. I just want feedback and playtesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Moore
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fcoe wrote:
I personally think that finishing a game design is one of the hardest part of participating in these contests, so my feeling is to fully incentivize all entries. I know that folks have re-entered the Solitaire contest with projects they couldn't get together in time for previous contests.
Yeah, I wasn't really kidding when I said that I'm still working on last year's entry. It came together so quickly at the time that I knew it would need work, and I'm still changing things, even now, as I try to write the latest version of the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy
United States
Lake Balboa
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fcoe wrote:
I personally think that finishing a game design is one of the hardest part of participating in these contests

Truth.

I've got designs knocking about in my head but actually finishing anything has kept me from entering anything. I hope that changes this year. Got a couple of contests that I'd like to participate in; this being one of 'em.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Peet
United States
Milford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lwdgames wrote:

Yeah, I wasn't really kidding when I said that I'm still working on last year's entry. It came together so quickly at the time that I knew it would need work, and I'm still changing things, even now, as I try to write the latest version of the rules.

I feel that most (if not all) designs that are "finished" for a contests are still in their infancy. It takes time and dedication for a game to be honed and polished, a few short months for a contest is simply not a lot of time. It is not surprising to me that you are still working on last years design. Kudos to you for sticking with it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
henry flower
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

I'm submitting a game called "Arena of Espionage".

WIP link:
https://boardgamegeek.com/article/18207796#18207796

Cards, Game board and Rules:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/d2yzg745wxwxuqy/AACImEPUZiH7IXy0o...

hf
ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the steep cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Nate!

And I'm perfectly fine with people submitting games they worked on for years, but never had a chance to submit before! After all, life can get in the way at the worst times, and I wouldn't want to deprive someone of the push they might need to get their game finished and out there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yarrick Commissaire
msg tools
I will participate but I'm still waiting for some submissions to be granted by BGG
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew P
United States
Oak Creek
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RealYarrick wrote:
I will participate but I'm still waiting for some submissions to be granted by BGG

You are free to start a Work In Progress thread in the WIP Forum prior to it being added.

https://boardgamegeek.com/forum/1530033/boardgamegeek/works-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C East
Australia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Tower Defense Component List Updated

Contest Entry
WIP Thread
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yarrick Commissaire
msg tools
Ok I'm ready !

Command & Conquer : THE board game

Overview
This game is a free web-published board game issued from Command & Conquer 1: Tiberian Dawn.

It is a wargame for 2 players. Build your base, harvest precious crystals of Tiberium, and crush your enemy.

You have tokens for your units and your buildings. Maintain power in your base, harvest Tiberium and eliminate the construction yard of your opponent.

Additional features allows you to play with event cards which are spicing up the game !

Play Time
90 minutes

Number of Players
2 Players

Command & Conquer : THE board game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel J Isom
United States
Clayton
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
Send me a geekmail if you'd like to buy a copy!
badge
I have to return some videotapes.
mbmbmbmbmb
My entry is going to be my first attempt at a fishing style game called Herd the Flock.

Herd the Flock is a fishing style game where players herd sheep from the pasture into their flocks by using higher valued sheep, sheep dogs, and shepherds. Players need to be wary of Wolves who will kill sheep if they get into the pasture. The player who herds the highest total value of sheep is declared the winner. This game can be played with a standard deck of cards by removing the Kings, Queens, and Jacks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Boyd
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I am submitting an abstract game titled Sixteen Stone to the contest.

Here is the CONTEST READY thread.

Here is the Rules Document.
Here is a Components Sheet.

The games components file is for the sake of completion and isn't really necessary.

Sample starting board layout.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hansen
United States
Riverton
UT
flag msg tools
designer
If given the option, I would prefer to play with the green pieces, please.
badge
I have two new 9 Card Games: 300 Spartans and Franky's 1st Christmas
mbmbmbmbmb
Nate, your tentative voting deadline is in 2014.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [21] |