Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dylan Thurston
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarafina can place or move her Projection Marker into a space at a given range from Sarafina. Does that range necessarily go in the direction of the opponent, as for some other uses of range?

And her Projection Marker starts off not on the board, correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For the latter question, yes, it starts off the board.

I originally thought the original wording might have been "at a space N away from Sarafina", but it really does say "at that range". So based on other rulings I'm inclined to say it's always toward the opponent (except for Tactical).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron White
Australia
Bathurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Bennett from Brawl
badge
Slow and Thoughtful
mbmbmbmbmb
I had taken it originally as either way, but at range not only makes sense but makes it more interesting. I will have to try her next.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
It is intended to be either direction.

Range can be calculated either way, even though we wouldn't calculate it backwards by default. Forcing it to only be towards the opponent would be a major hit to Sarafina's power level.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Davies
United States
Winter Park
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That should really be made clear on her UA card, as we already have a ruling (regarding Voco's Abyssal style) that range is ALWAYS calculated towards your opponent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L B
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When Sarafina is in the middle of the board and a Projection 4 card is played (which would be a spot beyond the end of the 7 space board) what happens? No projection marker laid down or can it be placed in the last spot?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
digi holic
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Dangief wrote:
That should really be made clear on her UA card, as we already have a ruling (regarding Voco's Abyssal style) that range is ALWAYS calculated towards your opponent.

The difference is that Voco's says "In range of this attack", while Serafina's just says "At range X". The attack only goes in one direction, so those spaces are in range of the attack. Serafina doesn't make reference to an attack, just the range, so it can be either way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.