Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
david funch
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
...that turn no matter what? I think I remember seeing somewhere that there are exceptions but I can't remember what they are. Could someone please list all the instances that would cause a player to not play a scoring card for the round?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L. Scott Johnson
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Game end could certainly do it.
2) By designer ruling, the player may choose not to play it (in the hopes of a victory to allow #1 above to kick in). That player will lose when the turn ends (if no auto-victory was achieved).
3) Five Year plan causes a random discard
4) Ask Not... allows discards
5) Terrorism causes a random discard (or two)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Forster
United States
Pleasant Prairie
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Hey! Institute THIS!
mbmbmbmbmb
When I first played a practice game, the USSR was holding Asia Scoring but couldn't make any progress in Asia. So I had it play Five Year Plan in the last action round, triggering a random discard from its hand when there was only one other card remaining in its hand - namely Asia Scoring.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L. Scott Johnson
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Greg Forster wrote:
When I first played a practice game, the USSR was holding Asia Scoring but couldn't make any progress in Asia. So I had it play Five Year Plan in the last action round, triggering a random discard from its hand when there was only one other card remaining in its hand - namely Asia Scoring.

... and not only did China Scoring get avoided, but the USSR player got 3 Ops to boot. That's a good deal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.