Subject: Official Minion Contest rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Potluck Games

Utah
msg tools
publisher
badge
This thread is for the submission of new minion ideas. If your idea is selected for the backer created minion, you'll win a free copy of Epic Dice TD.

As the campaign overfunds, we'll likely be looking for more backer ideas, which means more prizes may be given out. However, multiple backers have similar ideas, and we have a lot of ideas of our own that might be similar to yours! Please understand this before you submit anything.

All ideas submitted here may be included in the game at our discretion. So only share your idea if you're willing to do so freely.

This thread will last throughout the campaign. Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg Jewell
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Fontaine
United States
California
flag msg tools
Official Minion Contest Suggestion: Kobold Sapper
The Kobold Sapper is a useful tool for getting through the enemy defenses and allowing your team to get through and destroy your opponent. Their abilities to reduce your opponent's tower health to aid your team can give you the edge you need, however kobolds have foolish behaviours and can turn against you if they can't comprehend the battle plan at hand.

A Kobold Sapper's dice will use a Cogwheel symbol as their ability. (Or whatever you guys want. )

Kobold Sappers
1 GOLD for 3 Sappers

Sap, Explode, Backfire - The Kobold Sappers come in with 3 abilities at hand. Their job is to try to infiltrate the enemy towers to make it easier for your troops to destroy your opponent's towers. If 1 ability symbol activates then the Kobold will successfully sap an opponent's tower. They must reduce their tower by one on the die (Example going from 6 to 5). Return it back to the box after the action. If 2 ability symbols are rolled the Kobold Sappers will get confused and explode each other. Put both Kobold Sappers back into the box. If all 3 roll on the ability then they all turn against you and explode your tower. Reduce one of your towers by 1 and return the Kobold Sappers back into the box. Kobold Sapper's ability is always played first before your start attacking with other minions.

The Kobold Sappers play a very heavy Risk vs. Reward as they can give you the edge you need if you opponent is looking good with 6 or 5 level of towers but there's always a chance of them messing up against you.

This is basically my idea of a minion that is not always there to deal the damage but rather give you support for other minions that you control and yet still have a downside. If gives this particular character to use a bit of personality to them when they work they will work rather well but they tend to get themselves in in trouble a bit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Kessler
msg tools
My minions ideals are:

Imps:
1 gold for 3 imps
Imps are always trying to find human attention by playing tricks and jokes on people. If the imp ability comes up you and the person you are attacking have to preform a check for who the Imps like more. So each person rolls a dice. If you roll higher you take one of your opponents gold next turn. If they roll higher they take one of your gold. If you tie you both lose one gold next turn. Discard afterwards.

Gremlins:
1 gold for 2 gremlins
Gremlins like to mess with the mechanics of things so in a fourth wall kind of they are going to mess with the mechanics of the game. Gremlins are not good with towers. So you have to roll double to beat a tower. So more than likely they can not beat a tower. But if there are no towers left in the lane you can use them to subtract victory points from your opponent. You can use the same mechanic that other dice use to gain victory and just reverse it for the Gremlins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kip Kwiatkowski
United States
Bethel Park
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Stop it! That tickles! :P
mbmbmbmbmb
My version of Kobolds from a few days ago was

Kobolds - Unit 10 - Ability: Overrun - For every 3 symbols you roll, reduce the towers toughness by one.

Shapeshifter - Unit 1 - Ability: Mimic - If you roll this ability you may use any ability previously used by any player this round.

Siren - Unit 1 - Ability: Charm - If you roll this ability you have charmed the player you are attacking. You choose the target of their next wave.

Assassin - Unit 1 - Sides: 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, MISS - This unit does not attack normally, although it takes up a spot in a wave. When the next wave would attack you, roll the assassin and remove that many dice before they are rolled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alvaro Llonch
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
Suggestions I posted in the campaign comments:

-Fairy: any creature that would be destroyed this wave gets rerolled instead.

-Engineer: if rolled, upgrade a tower by 1 pip (maybe 2?).

And a few others:

-Doppelganger: copy the ability of a creature in the frontmost wave of the defending castle.

-Siege engine: if rolled and a tower was destroyed, lower the next one by 1 pip (maybe 2?)

-Saboteur: swap any 2 towers in the defending player's base.

-Gambler: reroll any tower before calculating damage

These are just ideas, I put no numbers because they'd probably need testing if they are weak/strong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Squire
United States
Paradise
California
flag msg tools
IF YOU DON'T SEE THE FNORD IT CAN'T EAT YOU, DON'T SEE THE FNORD, DON'T SEE THE FNORD . . .
badge
‘I could tell you my adventures–beginning from this morning,’ said Alice a little timidly: ‘but it’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.’
mbmbmbmbmb
Legendary Hero (yes blatant DD reference) Icon Power: Add +1 to up to 6 other minions in the same wave. This can even raise a minion to 7. The Legendary Hero continues on as long as the tower is destroyed, otherwise it goes back to the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Squire
United States
Paradise
California
flag msg tools
IF YOU DON'T SEE THE FNORD IT CAN'T EAT YOU, DON'T SEE THE FNORD, DON'T SEE THE FNORD . . .
badge
‘I could tell you my adventures–beginning from this morning,’ said Alice a little timidly: ‘but it’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.’
mbmbmbmbmb
Goblin Demolition Team (1 gold for 6 units, sides *,1,1,1,2,2) Special: Return Goblin Demolition Team units to the box with a combined total equal to the level of the current tower to destroy the tower.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No Gard
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Flag bearer - 2 units per Gold
Side: 1, 1, 2, symbol, symbol, symbol. Victory points on all sides.

If a symbol side is rolled, the Flag bearer is not destroyed in this attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Hathorn
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Format I used is:
Name - Number hired for 1 gold - Die faces separated by commas
Ability descriptions

Giant Eagle – 3 – Carry, 2, 3, Carry, 5v, 6v
Native ability – Fly (Pick any lane)
Carry – 1 gold worth of minions gain fly, you may choose a new lane for your attack.

Ninja – 2 – Vanish, 2, 3, Vanish, 5v, 6v
Vanish – Move to next tower in lane, or score 1 VP if at final tower (Notes regarding similarity to Dragon below)

Scarecrow – 3 – Fear, 2, 3, Fear v, 5, 6v
Fear – Rearrange minions in opponents waves. (Must be legal, not exceeding 3 waves, 2 types... etc.)

Rats – 6 – 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, Distract v
Distract – Send a single minion from this wave to the next tower in the lane without applying its roll.
(Notes regarding similarity to Dragon below)

Werewolves – 3 – 1, 2, 3, 4, 4, Moon (note: No native VP)
Moon – All Non-moon Werewolves treated as 3 higher, and have one victory symbol.

Giant A – 1 - Hurl, 2, 3, Hurl v, 6v, 7v
Hurl – Move all minions of another type in this wave to next tower in lane.
(Notes regarding superiority to Dragon below)

OR

Giant B – 1 - Hurl, Hurl, 4, 5, 6vv, 7vv
Hurl – Roll current tower as minion of yours for remainder of wave. It may be killed as normal.

Witch – 1 - 1, 2, Polymorph, Polymorph, 5v, 6v
Native ability – Curse - Downgrade tower by 1
Polymorph - Replace 1 gold worth of minions in opponents reserve with available minion dice of your choice.

Manticore – 3 – Launch Spikes, 2, 3, 4, 5v, Launch Spikes v
Native ability – Fly – Pick any lane
Launch Spikes – Destroy tower on next space in lane, if any.

Thieves - 2 - Loot, 2, 3, Loot, 5v, 6v
Loot - Next buy phase, your opponent has one less gold to spend, minimum 4 OR you have one more (Max 6)

Berserkers – 4 – 1, Berserk, Berserk, 4, 6v, 6v
Berserk – Destroy highest value attacking minion

Mage – 2 – Cast, 2, 3, 4v, 5v, 6v
Native ability - Buff - After wave is rolled, may re-roll any number of minions of one type
Cast – Roll Spell Die, casting that spell once is free on your next buy phase (Max of 2 spell dice may be saved)

Note: regarding Ninjas, Rats and Giants, (And the Stone Golem below) as these are as good as the Dragon ability, (and better in many cases) I would recommend letting the dragon ability change such that on a rolled symbol, the dragon flies over the tower AND destroys it in passing. (This is potent, but it's a dragon, and if 50% destruction proves too powerful, the die could be modified.)

Following are elemental minions that can become tower upgrades. To become an upgrade, the minion must roll its symbol during the wave at least once. Upgrades are applied after next buy phase, and all are removed during the following clean up phase. (If not before)

Elementals (Lightning) – 3 – Chain, 2, 3, 4, Chain v, 6
Chain - if tower is destroyed, destroy one other tower of same rank in any lane
Also, they may upgrade a tower with Lightning next buy phase
Lightning Towers = Chain side placed near tower – Tower number reduced by 2, (min 1) - For every minion lost to attached tower, owner must sacrifice one minion from a remaining wave.

Elementals (Fire) – 3 – Burn, 2, 3, 4, Burn, 6v
Burn – Reduce tower by 1, at next buy phase, reduce tower placed here by 1
Also, they may upgrade a tower with Fire next buy phase
Fire Towers = Burn side placed near tower – Treat number as 2 higher, destroy tower at clean up.

Elementals (Ice) - 2 – 1, 2, 3, 4v, 5v, Slow
Slow - Tower only applies to one type of minion (defender chooses)
Also, they may upgrade a tower with Ice buy phase
Ice Towers = Slow side placed near tower – Before wave roll, one type of enemy may be sent to next wave.

Elementals (Stone) - 1 – 1, Protect, 3, 4, Protect, 6v
Native ability – Plodding – After its wave is sent, no others waves of yours (including bonus waves) may be sent this turn. (always goes last)
Protect – Continue past current tower with one other minion from wave
Also, they may upgrade a tower with Stone in the next buy phase
Stone Towers – Protect side placed near tower – Immediately after wave is rolled, You may destroy stone upgrade and one minion of your choice in wave.

[edited for formatting and typos]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nicola pavan
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

don't look at the icons, just a google search.
my first BGG reply, i hope i'm doing it right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg Jewell
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
For the new "The Witching Hour" expansion:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Udo Borries
Germany
Schnelldorf
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Leprechaun
Gold - 2 - 3 - 4 - 4* - Gold
3 per Unit
Gold: put this die aside. During your build phase, you may return any number of Leprechaun dice you put aside to the supply to gain 1 Gold for each.

Djinn
Move - Move - 4 - 5 - 6 - 6**
1 per Unit
Move: destroy the tower and build a tower of the same level at one of your open construction sites.

Dark Prince
Protected** - Protected** - Protected** - 1* - 2* - Bored*
1 per Unit
Protected: the Dark Prince takes no harm.
Bored: the Dark Price has lost interest and retreats to the supply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Kreskai
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the artwork for the Treant!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Kreskai
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the idea of Siege Engines.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Squire
United States
Paradise
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Harpies 1G for 4: Flying, Raid: Face,2,2,4,Face,6*
Essentially flying weaker orcs for taking out minions of an enemy too far away to attack normally.

Wyvern 1G for 3: Flying, Crumble (Reduce a tower by 2 before combat): Face, 2,3,3,4,5*

Phoenix 1G for 2: Flying, Resurrect (Special Ability: Rather than returning to the supply the Phoenix is instead placed in your bonus wave. During cleanup return the Phoenix to the supply.): 1,2,3,4,6*,6*
That's right no face ability, but you do get to use them twice.

Winged Horses 1G for 4: Flying Mount (Flying plus 1 paired unit in the wave also gains flying), Retreat (The Winged Horse and up to 1 non-Winged Horse minion in the same wave retreat to join an existing wave or bonus wave): Face,2,3,3,4,6*
"HaHaHa, suck on my Flying Trolls!!!!oneone"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Kreskai
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Werewolf...Love this idea! Great work
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Goyette
msg tools
Here are my suggestions:

Angel, unit of 3: Flying, 1,1,2,3,Ressurect, Ressurect. You can choose to sacrifice an Angel that rolled a Ressurect instead of a unit that would die this round.
This can be really strong with the dragon, I don't know if it would unbalance the game. But, I like the idea of a guardian angel.

Spy: unit of 5: 0, 0, 1, 1, 2, Hijack. Take control of an enemy tower. Until the controlling player repairs (reroll, upgrade...) the tower, it is controlled by the enemy and does not need to be attacked in the further rounds.
This could be used to attack stronger tower and for the enemy to reroll them. Maybe another unit could be used to get rid of spies.

Gargoyle, unit of 4:Flying, 1, 1, 2, 3, 4, Stone. The gargoyle lands on the enemy tower, reducing its defense by 1 until the end of the turn.

Skeleton, unit of 5: 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, Immunitiy. Native skill: Hard to kill. If they are killed a first time, they are rolled again to see if they really die (check with the same tower). Immunity: The skeleton doesn't die and is moved to the next wave.

Kobold (yet another), on smaller die, unit of 8: 0, 0, 0, 0, Team Work, Team Work: All kobolds die in the wave they are used in. If there are more 'Team Work' faces than the level of the current tower, it is destroyed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Aigner
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Archer: volley , volley , 1,2,3,3 Unit Size: 3

As long as a unit of archers has not attacked it may instead defend once against any flying wave or units with have direct effect on units waitung in their wave slots (i.e. orcs). Each rolled volley of arrows defeats one attacking minion choosen by their owner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Scalzo
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
I don't know what I am doing, so much GG to spend...
mbmbmbmbmb
I just want to say that you all have great ideas, and that this game will be epic and has a great future!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Lynch

Orlando
Florida
msg tools
Great Worm
1 Gold for 1 Great Worm

Tunnel: The entire wave skips this tower before combat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone Romano
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 for Werewolf!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Coates
United States
Payson
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
Wow, there are a ton of good ideas here. We've playtested several of the dice, with some minor adjustments, and we've selected the Harpy for the first winner. (Notice I say first. It would be a shame to not add some more of these!)

Corey Squire wins a free copy of Epic Dice TD.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Udo Borries
Germany
Schnelldorf
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ok, new version of my

Dark Prince
Protected** - Protected** - Protected** - Protected** - Bored - Bored
1 per Unit
Protected: the Dark Prince takes no harm.
Bored: the Dark Price has lost interest and retreats to the supply. Happens also when Bored is rolled while scoring.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Wolf

Idaho
msg tools
I have a die design that I just have to share. Here is the story behind it. We have been play testing the 6 player game without any more monsters than what we officially have. IE no catapults tower upgrades witches or sappers. This means that players often get zombies as a wave unit instead of using the necromancy spell. Players are unhappy having zombies in anything but the bonus wave due to their tenancy to fall apart against towers subjectively 1is dead 2 is dead from tower 3 is most likely dead from tower 4 is dead 5 and 6 will move on.

Thus I made the Necromancer. A single unit (1per game like the dragon) attachment die. He cost 1 gold and is put INTO a unit of zombies. Ideally you will have two units of zombies and a Necromancer in one wave. The Necromancer sides are symbol, symbol, symbol, 1*, 2*, 3*. So yes for those paying attention he has three VP sides. What really matters though is the symbol. When a Necromancer face is rolled he allows you to immediately (before anything else is done) re-roll all zombie symbols you have just rolled that wave. This gives the undead another chance at “life” and makes zombies into a credible fighting force against towers. If a 1*, 2* or 3* is rolled before the VP roll off then you can bet he is pretty much sniped. Anyway thank you for listening and I really hope you consider this die for placement into the game. All of my play testers are having a blast with it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.