Ran Stu
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I noticed there are shaded numbers on the Ship maps in the areas for the ship. Like in the engine section there are "4's", and under the radio section there is a "2".

My eyes are blurry trying to read what these numbers mean in the manual but I can't find anything.

Do they mean that these components take this many hits to be destroyed? Or are they what?

Any help greatly appreciated.
R.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wray
United States
Unspecified
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you looking at the refit numbers?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Petersen
Denmark
Svendborg
flag msg tools
badge
The bigger the problem, the bigger a hammer you'll need!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that's the "max" you may roll on a die roll in order to fix it after combat. 1-4 to fix an engine or 1-2 to fix the radio.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you… And I will beat you.
mbmbmbmbmb
is this in the 2nd printing version? As I done see it in the one I have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Petersen
Denmark
Svendborg
flag msg tools
badge
The bigger the problem, the bigger a hammer you'll need!
mbmbmbmbmb
jasta6 wrote:

I think so, my 2nd printing has it, but my 1st doesn't. It's not a game changer, but now that I'm aware that it's there, it will make the fix numbers easier to remember
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Smith
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
StormP wrote:
jasta6 wrote:

I think so, my 2nd printing has it, but my 1st doesn't. It's not a game changer, but now that I'm aware that it's there, it will make the fix numbers easier to remember

Hiya,

Yes, those numbers are the "to fix" numbers for the damaged systems. One of the guys thought it would be a nice addition so we threw it in. It's not a change or anything, just so you don't have to look up the number on the gray chart.

Of course, REAL U-boat commanders have them all memorized! LOL.

Greg
Game Designer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ran Stu
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks Gregory. Is in the manual somewhere?
R.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Smith
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
randystu5417 wrote:
Thanks Gregory. Is in the manual somewhere?
R.

Hey Randy,
LOL I'm not sure. They haven't shipped me my second printing yet. I'm kind of at the bottom of their priority list I suppose

It was just meant to be an obvious, small aid to help players repair without having to go to the gray chart. I didn't write up a rules change that I can recall (it is, after all, not a rules change) but probably a clarification or explanation would have been nice. So that's a lick on me, I guess.

If you are new to the game, you should STILL probably refer to the gray chart when repairing, as certain systems have special effects you should know about (for example, leaking fuel tanks that don't get fixed REQUIRE a patrol abort, etc.)

Greg
Game Designer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.