5 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Wargame: resources management and diplomacy. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stefano Oddo
Italy
flag msg tools
I'm looking for a wargame that has managerial and diplomatic elements.
I play at Risk, Axis and allies, A Game of Throne, Imperial and Diplomacy but each of these games seems incomplete...
I want something similar to Supremacy 1914, where is can trade, make deals ecc..

Requirements:
- No or low luck (like in Axis and Allies)
- Diplomatic (as in Diplomacy) and resources management elemnts
- Setting: from Napoleonic to WWII
- different types of units
- Players: 2-6/7
- 120 - 360 minutes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only read about Viktory II, not played it, but it sounds like it might be of interest to you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Oddo
Italy
flag msg tools
But it hasn't a historic setting.
I was looking for a game to play on a world map
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The best recommendation I can think of is World in War: Combined Arms 1939-1945.

Quote:
The game explores the modern combat tactics of World War II and the usage of combined arms, with a new innovative battle system. The battle wheels for land and sea combat reduce die-rolling luck and promote the use of well-balanced forces.

Players represent German East and West fronts, the Soviet Union and the Western Powers. In the 3 and 4 player variants players have to balance co-operation with competition since only one player can win the game.
Each player has access to various resources such as different ground troops, warships, aircraft and industrial regions. In turn, each player produce new troops, move units and engage in battle when confronted with the enemy. The goal is to take control over enemy production centers.

The game is quick to learn with a comic-book tutorial and short rules, and quick to set up with starting positions illustrated on the game board.
The game includes 360 sculpted plastic playing pieces of 8 different types, a mounted game board and two mounted battle wheels, dice and markers, a comic-book tutorial and a rules booklet with historical background.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Oddo
Italy
flag msg tools
This game seems nice. What are the resources of the game? can trade?

Around the web I found these two games: Symmachia and Ecodip 1 et 2.
They are variants of the game Diplomacy introducing money and trade, but they are almost unknown
http://assobjectif.org/bibliotheque.php

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.