Popular Tags: essen [+] convention [+] [View All]
Eric Faris
United States
Edgewood
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a really good visual of what is going on in Essen.

http://www.boardgamenews.com/index.php/boardgamenews/comment...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Rosen
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Day 1 Video from BoardGameNews.Com
So I've read all 5 reports by Rick Thornquist on www.boardgamenews.com, and they were fantastic, but I need more. Where else can I read in English about what's going on in Essen now?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zopper Alf
Germany
Mannheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can chat with me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Simon, Chat away.

How do the games from Czech Republic (Graenaland & Through the Ages) and Japan (Japon Brand) look? We want details.

Any comment on R. Dorn's Relikt?

Does the Ark expansion really add anything?

What is the fairplay.de URL for this year?

Thanks. - Jonathan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Marchlewitz
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Man...that is just awesome.
I want to to be there next year. Thankfully we have Rick and others there that we can live this through vicariously.

Good job, Rick...and thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zopper Alf
Germany
Mannheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
grandslam wrote:
Simon, Chat away.
How do the games from Czech Republic (Graenaland & Through the Ages) and Japan (Japon Brand) look? We want details.

CzechBoardGames had a small but cool booth. The dudes (all looking like grunty gamegeeks with light blue shirts) were helpfull and did their best to give information out to the gamers.
I didn't really watch a full game but from what I saw both games looked really cool but I was a bit disappointed about the size of the cards of Trought the Ages... I think it's pretty hard to catch a more complex game in such a hassle (at least I didn't want to play a complex longer game) so I can't really say much about the actual game but telling from the interest the players had their games look promising!

Japon Brand was a whole different affair. I was really looking forward to that booth! They had thousand of workers there and only a tiny little booth - they tried to give my friends the same flyer three times while I was buying some games Those japanese gamegeeks are definitely a kind of their own (in a positive way!).
I bought Gra Gra Company and Trouble School as a present. The quality of the components is great if you consider that they are just starting with exporting their games but you can't really compare the stuff you get for your money with the games from germany...
Sadly I stumbled upon a second booth of Japon Brand in a different part of the fair - I saw Horse Racing Mafia and Magical Athlete there - two other games i wanted to buy. I wrote sadly because the guys sharing the booth with the nippon connection guys couldn't help me at all because they couldn't find the price of the games and the Japon Brand booth guy was on lunch break priceless..
Overall - Japon Brand: my new favorite japanse boardgame publisher
Cheers,
Simon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Simon

How about R-Eco from Japon Brand. The perfect game to pair with Industrial Waste.

- Jonathan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zopper Alf
Germany
Mannheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
grandslam wrote:
Simon

How about R-Eco from Japon Brand. The perfect game to pair with Industrial Waste.

- Jonathan

Sorry, only got the info from the geek and now have a small flyer with all their games in it - but didn't have the time to read it all.. Maybe I add some info to their game pages later.

Also I didn't see anything - and especially not too many games too close - I was only there one full day and you can't see 10% of all games in detail with only one day!

I had a nice chat with Angelo Porazzi, explaining Warangel to me - man, that guy is a good dealer I first wanted to only pick up Peacebowl but after he told me ambitiously (is there such a word?) about his baby Warangel I decided to pick Warangel instead of Peacebowl...
Remember that: when an italian boardgame-designer asks you about your budget lie to him! I ended buying Warangel, Peacebowl and some additional maps
Angelo was one of the greatest guys I met in the boardgame scene!

Btw: here are the games i bought: Warangel PeaceBowl Khronos Imperial Stack MarketTrouble School (and the replacement dice for Command & Colors: Ancients from Valley Games)

Take care everybody - I need some sleep
Simon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Thank you Simon. Sleep well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
I had problems trying to get the video to load at the following link... if anyone else is, I had better luck with http://www.youtube.com/v/GpvI06YtnQM (do note that this will blow it up to the size of your browser video).
ericfaris wrote:
This is a really good visual of what is going on in Essen.

http://www.boardgamenews.com/index.php/boardgamenews/comment...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Zurfluh
United States
Cranbury
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Two Big

thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scotty Dickey
United States
Brandon
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow Rick is my hero!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Rosen
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just had a chance to watch the video, and it was great! Big thanks again to Rick for bringing a piece of Essen to all of us stuck on the other side of the pond!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmbmbmbmb
It's amazing how similar everything looks from year to year - nothing really changes except the games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mrbass
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zopper-Alf wrote:
Simon

Imperial
Take care everybody - I need some sleep
Simon

Please do report...is this gonna be better than Antike. From the board it appears it has a slightly modified rondel wheel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benji
Switzerland
Gurmels
FR
flag msg tools
visit us on www.muwins.ch
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mrbass wrote:
Please do report...is this gonna be better than Antike. From the board it appears it has a slightly modified rondel wheel.

The rules for "Imperial" (and "Space Dealer"!!) are online on www.eggertspiele.de (in english)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.