Popular Tags: [View All]
Ruben Rigillo
Italy
Roma
Rm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So:
Fallschrimjäger control the airport so they got its Temporary (Axis only) Objective medal.
ANZACs destroy that unit and it worth them the sixth medal to win.
Game ends immediately.
Does the airport medal return to the map or Germans retain it?
I'm playing with the short Campaign Rules from Winter/Desert Board so each endgame medal gives a die roll.

My doubt is: If the medal was a Temporary one for BOTH armies, it would have been not enough for the Allies, to free the airport from enemy unit, but they would need to enter the airport tile. Since the game ends when the unit is destroyed, they will not be able to take it back. Right?

So...what about the situation above?

...sorry for my english!...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max
United States
Fuquay Varina
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Reign of Fire
badge
Bombs Away! Mission 9.
mbmbmbmbmb
Temporary medals are immediately returned as I recall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clexton27
United States
Forest
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Qwirz wrote:
So:
Fallschrimjäger control the airport so they got its Temporary (Axis only) Objective medal.
ANZACs destroy that unit and it worth them the sixth medal to win.
Game ends immediately.
Does the airport medal return to the map or Germans retain it?
I'm playing with the short Campaign Rules from Winter/Desert Board so each endgame medal gives a die roll.

My doubt is: If the medal was a Temporary one for BOTH armies, it would have been not enough for the Allies, to free the airport from enemy unit, but they would need to enter the airport tile. Since the game ends when the unit is destroyed, they will not be able to take it back. Right?

So...what about the situation above?

...sorry for my english!...

Typically if the unit is destroyed, retreats or moves off the hex with the TEMPORARY medal, it is lost.

You are correct in saying that the Allies would have to enter the hex after destroying the German unit in order to gain the medal. However, in Campaign rules, you may trade the destroyed unit medal for the objective medal. See the below reference:

FAQ p. 2 ENDING THE GAME
Quote:
Q. When is the game officially over?
A. Battles are over the instant one side captures the required number of medals as established in the Conditions of Victory section of the scenario. Players do not get to finish their turn; they cannot do Armor Overrun or Take Ground.
Note: Campaign Book Volume 2 introduces Position Control rules for campaigns battles, where players may choose to capture an objective hex instead of taking the eliminated unit as a medal. This rule is found on page 12 of CB #2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.