David Groves
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there

For those CCN gamers that have bought the recent batch of the Spanish Expansion I have a question. Is the thickness of the terrain tiles, markers and squaring card as thick as those in the base game and other expansions

The first printing was done on very thin card. In fact, the card used was so thin I stuck the Spanish squaring card and markers to the back of the British card and the G Markers and VP markers to the back of the Russian Mother Russia markers and VP markers to stop them from deteriorating.

Cheers
Dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asko Nisula
Finland
Espoo
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
David,
I have just received the 2nd printing of the Spanish army expansion.

Having not seen the components of the original printing, the tiles, markers etc. in the 2nd printing seems to have the same thickness as in the base game and in the Russian army expansion which I also just got.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Groves
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Asko

Thank you very much for coming back to me. You would certainly notice the difference in the thickness of the card work if you had the original printing to hand.

It's good to see that GMT has improved the quality to their usual standard.

Cheers
Dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

How does the paint on the wooden blocks look?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asko Nisula
Finland
Espoo
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom,
the paint looks fairly good to me. The coating is not fully opaque (especially on the yellow blocks), so one can vaguely see the the "wood structure" through the layer of paint.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Minot
North Dakota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if GMT would sell a set of the Spanish terrain by itself?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
NimitsTexan wrote:
I wonder if GMT would sell a set of the Spanish terrain by itself?

They are. They made more copies of the terrain for this very reason. It is $10 for the two sheets plus shipping. Mine came yesterday but the post office destroyed it so GMT has graciously decided to replace it for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominik Baerenzung
Germany
Worms
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi gentlemen,

I am so angry thumbsdown I just bought the spanish expansion in Canada during a short trip to Vancouver and the quality of the counters and terrain tiles is absolutly inacceptable!!!!! How can GMT downrate their quality so badly?
I am not willing to pay another 10$ for new Tiles and the shipping costs of 17$ to europe. I am so disapointed! I always praised GMT for their high quality.

Please GMT replace the Counters from expansion 1 for free. This is just not the right way to tread your customers.....

very disapointed cry from Germany,
Dominik

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.