Popular Tags: [View All]
Alexandre Zart
Brazil
Brasilia
DF
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there.
I'm playing the brazilian version of Settlers of Catan and, my question is very simple.
As far the brazilian game producer is not issuing any other expansion except the 5-6 players pack, what are the HEXES SIZES of other manufacturers, like Mayfair for instance? May I buy an american expansion and fits it on the brazilian board?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan
Brazil
Interior de São Paulo
São Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AlexandreZart wrote:
Hi there.
I'm playing the brazilian version of Settlers of Catan and, my question is very simple.
As far the brazilian game producer is not issuing any other expansion except the 5-6 players pack, what are the HEXES SIZES of other manufacturers, like Mayfair for instance? May I buy an american expansion and fits it on the brazilian board?

Thanks

I have no idea about Mayfair edition, but brazilian's edition is pretty much the german edition. Seafarers would be safe, cities and knights would require paste up (I don t know if they r available here, and I am too lazy to upload mine) or a reference sheet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorfinn Tait
Japan
Akita
Akita
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Board Gamer, Mystara & Calidar Cartographer
mbmbmbmbmb
If the Brazilian edition is based on the German edition (as most international versions other than the Mayfair edition are), you are almost certainly best avoiding the Mayfair edition. I have the Japanese edition, which is also based on German, and I've found that the Mayfair hexes don't fit very well. The linking parts of the frame pieces are also completely different, and do not fit at all with the other international editions. I bought Mayfair Traders & Barbarians because there isn't a Japanese edition of it yet, but the frame pieces do not fit at all, and the Great River hexes are slightly too big. Thankfully I was able to buy spare parts of the German hexes, and they fit fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Anblomee
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AlexandreZart wrote:
Hi there.

Thanks

The brazilian hex is slightly bigger, and the metropoly wooden token doesnt fit the plastic cities in it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.