Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Randolph Williams
United States
Ypsilanti
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't been playing much Dominion as of late, so when I do, I always add Prince since I've yet to see its ability really jump off. Since I'm in randomize mode, I still haven't found a set that provides good synergy for him (treasure/upgrade boosts to get him early + nice 4-cost and below actions with which to match him). Any really fun sets out there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Prince / Black Market
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Horner
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Prince works well with Prosperity cards, especially when you Platinum/Colony games. I have often thought it would make sense for Prince to count as a Prosperity card when determining if you should use Platinum/Colony.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Prince/Highway

That way any card could be princed ...

*Also, put quarry into a Prince game, making it more likely for people to pick up Prince

Prince/Quarry/Blackmarket allows any non-potion card to be princed ... and gives lots of options
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Doughty
United States
California
flag msg tools
OVERTEXT HERE
badge
Funded by supporters like you!
mb
Here, try this set. Advisor, Band of Misfits, Bridge, Herald, Masquerade, Monument, Prince, Quarry, Scheme, and Throne Room. With Monument and Quarry you could justify running Platinum and Colony which might buy enough extra time to get several Princes working.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Glory to Rome!
badge
"Let each man pass his days in that wherein his skill is greatest" Propertius Sextus
mbmbmbmbmb
roger1818 wrote:
I think Prince works well with Prosperity cards, especially when you Platinum/Colony games. I have often thought it would make sense for Prince to count as a Prosperity card when determining if you should use Platinum/Colony.

Scheme is good for "Prince-ing" any card regardless of cost, and you can effectively change the card you Prince from turn to turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George I.
Switzerland
Lausanne
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
darthnice wrote:
Scheme is good for "Prince-ing" any card regardless of cost, and you can effectively change the card you Prince from turn to turn.

As long as you don't accidentally "scheme" the prince'd scheme, as you'll fail to discard it and thus the Prince will lose track of it. Overload...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Confusing Manifestation
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Something with Swindler and a bunch of $3 and $4 action cards of varying utility - if you thought you were going to Prince your Smithy, but it got Swindled into a Scout, will you Prince that instead?

Even Prince/Swindler on its own is a bit of craziness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Glory to Rome!
badge
"Let each man pass his days in that wherein his skill is greatest" Propertius Sextus
mbmbmbmbmb
Picon wrote:
darthnice wrote:

As long as you don't accidentally "scheme" the prince'd scheme, as you'll fail to discard it and thus the Prince will lose track of it. Overload...

That is really only a problem in online games. Real life is easier to manage in this case since we all know what the intent is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
conmanau wrote:
Something with Swindler and a bunch of $3 and $4 action cards of varying utility - if you thought you were going to Prince your Smithy, but it got Swindled into a Scout, will you Prince that instead?

Even Prince/Swindler on its own is a bit of craziness.

My very first game with Prince, I Princed a scout. You get 2 actions a turn, plus look at the next 4 cards and clear out any clutter, organizing the rest in any order, which helps if you have cards which draw cards. Even more powerful playing with Harem, Nobels, or Great Halls.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randolph Williams
United States
Ypsilanti
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you all for your responses. Now to get some games going.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.