Joseph Crockett
United States
Bridgewater
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=ah/prod/hotw

Was wondering when this came out? I know that AH is supposed to reprint an old title this year, I'm guessing this is it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Drake
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
I like pizza!
badge
I LIKE IT!!! ????
mbmbmb
This game has already been re-done by Hasbro, 5, maybe 6 years ago. I doubt if this is the one, I doubt if they are actually going to anything but Axis and Allies anymore according to a couple of the threads I've read in the last couple of days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Huntington Station
New York
flag msg tools
badge
The Hasbro version came out in 1991.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
my eye
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
The Hasbro version came out in 1991.

Time flies when you're having fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Drake
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
I like pizza!
badge
I LIKE IT!!! ????
mbmbmb
Are you sure about that? I think the Avalon Hill version came out in 1991 and the Hasbro version came out in maybe 2000 or 2001.

The Avalon Hill version still had all cardboard pieces where the Hasbro version had the slightly simpler rules and the plastic minis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Crockett
United States
Bridgewater
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's what threw me, when I searched it it came up 1991, and the current images show it as an Hasbro AH title (i.e. post 1998). Glancing through the images section did not show any matches to that box art. If I'm incorrect or missed something on the search, I apologize, I just didn't remember seeing that title on the AH site before

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Huntington Station
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Oops - that's funny - How did that 1991 get in there ??? I even double-checked the copyright from the Hasbro rules.

blush

Of course, the Hasbro edition came out in 2001.

We've been mixing the 2 sets lately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Marchlewitz
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
But there will be a new edition!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Kendall
United States
Lebanon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
HEY ALL!

I just read the "Canal Mania second edition" thread and in the course of reading the entries came on an announcement from Ragnar Brothers that they are working on a NEW EDITION of "HOTW." Go take a look and make sure I didn't dream it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Jacobsson
Sweden
Upplands Vasby
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Barry Kendall wrote:
I just read the "Canal Mania second edition" thread and in the course of reading the entries came on an announcement from Ragnar Brothers that they are working on a NEW EDITION of "HOTW." Go take a look and make sure I didn't dream it.

As you say and according to their game page, they are working on a new edition. Unfortunately there have been no update since the 12:th of May (last modified date for the page). cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.