Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Dussault
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mb
On Saturday, October 28th, The Board Game Barrister is having a Dusk Til Dawn Halloween games night. The address is 2235 S. Kinnickinnic Ave., Milwaukee, WI and the night officially kicks off at 5 pm and goes until everyone is gone or dawn, whichever comes first. Costumes are encouraged, and food will be provided.

Official Events:

A Halloween MTG Tribal tournament. Type 1/Vintage restrictions, along with the normal Tribal bannings. Allowed creature types for this are Assassin, Basilisk, Bat, Carrier, Chimera, Demon, Djinn, Efreet, Fungus, Gargoyle, Ghost, Gorgon, Horror, Illusion, Imp, Leech, Lhurgoyf, Mercenary, Minion, Nephilim, Nightmare, Night Stalker, Ogre, Ooze, Phantasm, Rat (NO CLASSES), Serpent, Shade, Shapeshifter, Skeleton, Specter, Sphinx, Spider, Spirit, Thrull, Troll, Vampire, Wolf, and Zombie. This will start at 5:30 PM, and there will be prizes for all participants, including special prizes for the top 3 finishers, and a randomly assigned "fourth place" prize.

A Horrorclix Sealed tournament, Battle For Cthulhu. Buy 3 Boosters, form your best army for the point allotment of 300 and battle it out against everyone else to win a Great Cthulhu Horrorclix figure. This is due to start at about 9:30 PM.

A Pirates tourney, Terror On The Abyss. 40 Points Constructed, Pirates or Cursed single nationality. For anyone who likes to play Pirates, this will have some special new twists you won't see coming. This is scheduled to start at 12:30 AM.

Plus, open gaming. Choose from BGB's huge selection of open games, including Arkham Horror, Fury of Dracula, Zombies!, Run For Your Life, Candyman!, Poison, Kill Dr. Lucky, Haunting House, and many others. It's also acceptable to bring your own Halloween-themed games, so long as you feel up to explaining the rules to new players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Werth
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
Sounds cool. I thought they banned zombies for Magic tribal formats, along with Goblins and Elves, for being too powerful?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Dussault
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mb
They may have, but I think that's just for sanctioned tournaments. Believe me, I know Zombies are powerful, and if not for the Halloween theme, they would have been off the list, the same reason Goblins aren't on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.